Chapter 11

Two Weeks Earlier 

Avenger's P.O.V 

" Please, Ma'am, " Steve Rodgers begged as he tried to persuade the woman. In response, she stubbornly shook her head and bustled around the medium-sized kitchen. Peter Parker ran a hand through his brown hair, which as usual was messy and tousled. The teenage girls that were peaking through the crack of the door, giggled as they saw his flexed bicep. Morgan Stark saw his fan club and tried not to burst into laughter, as they threw envious glares towards her. However, her happy mood dissolved into angry clouds, when she saw Steve and Thor looking a bit dejected. Steve and Thor were part of her family and nobody made her family sad! 

So, in typical Stark fashion, she stormed up to the lady, and casually shoved the golden boy of American aside. " Listen, lady, we get that you value your privacy and of those, you took care of and those you did in the past. But, Thor over here, just found out that he has a daughter, that he conceived with the love of his life, who is now dead, and that he missed, 20 years in his only child's life. So do us a favor and start talking " she said with her arms crossed in front of her chest and staring into the older woman's surprised face.

" Also, this place would not mind a few dollars to spruce things up a bit, " continued her father, sliding a few dollar bills across the counter. Instantly, everyone turned and glared at him, as the woman resumed her cold look, although her eyes still held surprise and shock. 

" If you do not leave right now, I will be forced to call law enforcement, " The woman replied firmly. Her response with a set of un-impressed faces and a few raised eyebrows. 

" With all due respect Ma'am, I don't think that will be your wise course of action, " said Steve, as Loki raised an eyebrow, with a smirk on his face. Let's just say he wasn't happy with the woman, who was preventing him from meeting his lost niece. 

The woman sighed in frustration and turned away from them. " Even if I wanted to tell you, which I don't, I couldn't, " She replied. Her statement caused an uproar of protests, mixed with a few insults from some of the heroes, cough Loki cough. 

" And, why exactly is that," said Bruce, looking tired with the conversation.

" Because I have had numerous children dropped on my front doorstep, and more than 90% of the time, I don't know who their parents are, " she said with a hint of sadness mixed in her voice, as she spun back.

" So, we have been wasting our time, for the last 2 hours, Lovely! " said Loki with heavy sarcasm visible through his voice. 

" I already told you as soon as you entered that I do not know if any of the current or past children's mother was Jane Foster, " The Woman replied, and the sadness in her voice was now replaced with anger. The Avengers sighed with frustration, for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past couple of days.

" Wait- What if we showed you a picture that we have of the child when she was a baby? " exclaimed Bruce. " We have one from the camera that caught Jane when she was in New York! ". His suggestion caused a flutter of excitement to carry throughout the group, and Bruce received a hearty pat on the back from Thor, who looked like a child in a candy store. Honestly, his smile shone as bright as a pile of diamonds!

" Yes, that could work, but I will still not feel comfortable releasing such information, " replied the Woman, but everyone could see the resolve cracking away from her demeanor, as she caught the infectious excitement that the God of Thunder was carrying. 

" Please My lady! I beg of you to let me get to know my daughter, " said Thor so earnestly that even the coldest of hearts would not have been able to refuse his plea. 

" I will require two weeks of time to think about this request," said The Lady, not being able to look at the desperate god.

" I understand " Thor replied as sadness rolled over his face. " We will take our leave now, " He continued, moving towards the door. The present Avengers glanced at each other and then hurried to catch his long strides, with only Steve and Peter acknowledging the woman with a nod. The teenage girls that were eavesdropping quickly moved out of the way, as soon as the door swung open and the world's mightiest heroes trooped down the hallway, with sad expressions on their faces.