Chapter 3

Allison's P.O.V

I shot up straight from my bed with sweat dripping down my forehead. I had dreamed of a man in green leather, a pair of gold horns had sat on his head. I had recognized him almost immediately, after all, he had tried to take over the very city I lived in. Loki, that was his name! The question that now plagued my mind was what was he doing in my dreams? I shook my head out of these thoughts and pushed myself out of my comfortable bed. My feet trembled as I walked, goosebumps lighting my arms as I shivered from the unwavering cold, the soft pitter-patter of the rain being the only sound in my cozy apartment. I glided towards the bathroom and winced as the cold water hit my face, it ran down my skin as I sighed looking at the small black and white clock sitting on my right. I had to be at work in three and a half hours, I focused on my choices, I could either go back to sleep and dream of the same god again or I could go for a run. Looking outside at the early morning sun I quickly made a choice.

 I hurried out of the small bathroom and grabbed some running pants and a t-shirt. I fastened my Fitbit on my wrist and grabbed my AirPods which were a gift from Ms. foster on my 16'th birthday. I closed the door behind me as I slipped out of my apartment soundlessly not wanting to wake up anybody else. Then, I jogged down the stairs as Dancing Queen by Abba started to play. 

" Good Morning," I say to random pedestrians as I pass them on the sidewalk with a bright grin on my face. They usually reply or they nod at me with a polite smile. For some odd reason, my grumpiness of getting up so early had dissolved as I had stepped out in the early morning sun. I hummed along underneath my breath as Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen started playing when I entered the central park. I jogged and smiled at the old man I passed, who waved at me with a small grin on his face. My eyes teared up like always at the sad lyrics of one of the best songs in the universe as I whispered the lyrics. But suddenly as the beat lifted into a fast-paced, I smiled again keeping my eyes in front of me as I jogged up the path, small beads of sweat falling from my forehead. 

Soon enough I had jogged over 2 miles and was sweating profusely while I sat on a bench trying to catch my breath. I exhaled loudly resting the back of my head against the cool black bench staring at the now bright sun in the pale blue sky. I stay quiet for a moment, hearing the bustling noises of New York City all overlapping each other. 

" Beautiful Isn't it, " I suddenly hear to my right as I whip my head around to stare at a young brunette looking at me. 

" Yeah, It really is, " I say turning back around to stare at the tall buildings and nature surrounding us. 

" It certainly beats Oakland, " said the random girl looking at me curiously 

" You're from California? " I question with a polite smile on my face as I turn a bit to watch her expression. 

" Yep! Born and raised, I just moved here a week ago! " the girl says holding out her hand for me to shake while she returns my smile. 

" Well, welcome to New York! I'm Allison, Allison Foster, " I say shaking her hand 

" Nice to meet you! I'm Hayley Kingstone, " she replies with a bright grin on her face 

" Well, I have to go now otherwise I will be late to work, but if you ever need anything just stop by cafe glacier. " I say as I look at the time on my Fitbit and then stand up. 

" Ok! I think I might stop by soon, " Hayley says while mimicking my actions. 

" Bye! " I call over my shoulder as I start walking back to my apartment. I faintly hear a soft response as I pop my headphones in my ears. Instantly Don't Stop Me Now By Queen started to play and I started to match my pace with the fast beat of the music. 

I tapped my foot to the beat of the song as I waited for the crosswalk light to turn white. I glanced down at my Fitbit to see that I had accomplished my daily fitness goal, I broke out in a smile as I looked at the bright green circle. I looked up again and saw that the crosswalk light had just lighted up, so I started walking to the parallel street. Since I had my headphones in my ears I was not able to hear either the car coming straight at me or the shouts of concern of the nearby pedestrians. I screamed in surprise as I turned slightly to meet the sight of the car that was going to hit me in a few seconds, I then closed my eyes as I braced myself for the impact. But suddenly my feet were no longer touching the ground and a hand had wrapped itself around my waist. Instead of screaming like any normal or sane person, I felt peaceful as my savior swung out of the way of incoming traffic. I slowly peeled my eyes open as we landed back on the rough concrete ground. 

" Hey, Lady! Are you Ok? " questioned the crime-fighting superhero who was wearing his usual outfit of red and blue with the iconic black spider in the chest. 

" Yea-Yeah, I'm good thanks to you! " I manage to stutter out as I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. 

" It's no problem," said Spiderman as he started to go away, probably to help other people now.

" Thanks again " I shout to him as he swings away. I shake my head at myself and try to forget my near-death experience, as I cautiously start walking back to my home and remove the headphones along the way. 

I thankfully reach my apartment without anything else going wrong and start to prepare for the rest of my day. The frightful experience still lingering on my mind.