Chapter 16

Ms. Abott's P.O.V 

My face was completely void of emotion, like a blank canvas ready to be painted on as I stared at the shadow of a person sitting in the dark.  Suddenly, the room was flooded with light and the person came into view. Her lush black hair was pulled into a bun, not a single strand in her face and she sat poised on a regal red chair. Her harsh eyes stared at me so intensely, that I felt like she was peering into my soul and could see all of my darkest secrets. Her lips that were painted beige were pulled into a smirk, as she slightly leaned forwards. 

" Ah, Agent Corrine, it's been ages! " she said tilting her head ever so slightly to right. Which was completely ironic because that might just be one thing she does that will ever be " right. " But, who was I to judge? Because the cold and harsh reality is that I will never be considered " right " in the eyes of the world either.

" Val " I replied, my eyes never straying from her angular face. She tsked, shaking her head in disapproval at my response, yet she doesn't say anything. Her intense stare never breaks, as I stiffened by an unnoticeable amount, but I know that she noticed. She knew that she had dented my mask just a little bit, and I knew she would keep prodding. Oh god, I never should have given into the temptation of coming here, I was never in control. They could kill me right this very second, but maybe they would be doing the world a favor. No! I can't let her in my head, yes I have done terrible things, but she has and will continue to do worse. 

" I want you to meet a friend of mine, " she said abruptly, turning her harsh glare to Agent Jones. Instantly, she left the room, the door making a soft click as she exited. Ah! Amateur. Val shared my opinion and let it be known with an annoyed roll of her eyes. " They just don't make them like they used to, " she said returning her piercing gaze on me. 

I let out a little hum in acknowledgment and started right back at the human, Guchi wearing version of Lucifer. Val and I's relationship hadn't been so rocky, in-fact back in the day, I was her protege. I had been carefully trained and selected to take over from her when she finally returned back to hell. She had lured me into the trap she had, oh so carefully made, and like an idiot, I had fallen right back into it. 

" So, I heard that you take care of orphans now, " Val said as her lips pulled into a cruel smirk. I avoided having a reaction towards her words, and my mind returned back to my training. 

30 years earlier...

" You are worthless, you are cruel, your families died because of you! " exclaimed Boss. His cruel words taunted us as he marched before us, but despite his words, every single one of our faces was set into an emotionless mask. " You are the monsters that lurk under people's beds, " said Boss, as chortles left his mouth. Everyone knew he enjoyed this, to the point where the guards had to drag him away. Suddenly, a sad whimper escaped from the little girl next to me, and I knew instantly what would happen next. 

Boss's maniacal laughter filled the room as he hurried over to us, as he also called out for the guards. He grabbed the girl's chin and forced her to look him in the eye. " Showing emotion is a weakness and what do we do to people who have weaknesses, " shouted Boss, joy forming in his eyes at the thought. 

" We k-kill them, " stuttered the girl, as she let out her final breath. A smile danced on Boss's face at her response, and in a fluid motion, he dragged his knife along her neck, killing her instantly. Her blood pooled in the white pristine floor, effectively staining it. Guards decked in black and red came forwards and carelessly took her body from Boss. They dragged her body behind them, leaving a trail of red in their wake. Boss, then got up to clean his knife, daintily wiping off the blood. The rest of us didn't dare utter a single sound or show any emotion, but all of us felt our inside's tremble with every break we took. 

//Well, that was chapter 16, sorry for the wait guys, but I just didn't feel that inspired to write. One of the reasons why is because of what is happening in India currently, the situation is not improving and people are dying extremely rapidly. One way that all of us can help is by donating. There are numerous charities and NGOs trying to help. Please help them! "