Chapter 4

Allison's P.O.V

After I had somewhat recovered from almost dying this morning, I slowly got ready for work. As I was pulling my blond hair back into a ponytail, I had a thought, What is the dream about Loki and my accident earlier this morning? What if Loki had somehow caused it? I shook my head as I unsuccessfully tried to forget about the extremely weird and traumatic morning. Besides, hasn't Loki given up the whole hurting people thing? I mean he hasn't tried to take over the world for what.. ten years now? I don't think he would want to mess that up by hurting a common person or as he calls it an ordinary mortal. I remembered the interview that went viral because it was Loki's first one. It was the only thing that people would ever talk about for like a month.

I chuckled to myself as I locked my apartment door behind, remembering the hilarious video and the many memes that people had made out of it. Emma and I had rolled around the ground laughing so hard that Ms. Abbott had to come and see what was going on. Speaking of Emma, I should probably go and get the stuff I need for camping next week. I took my phone out of my purse and quickly created a google calendar invite to remind myself to do that. I stopped opening my purse to put my phone back as I heard my notifications go off like crazy. Honestly, I could nearly open my phone because of the number of sounds going off on it. I hurriedly typed the password in, not wanting to waste a minute as my curiosity grew. Most of the notifications were coming from messages so I clicked on that one first, I was instantly bombarded with messages from Emma, Marta, Ms. Abbott, a few of my other friends, and strangely enough a few reporters.

"Huh?" I mutter to myself, extremely confused as I open Ms. Abbott's messages first. They read...

Oh My God!

I Just saw the news!

Are you okay?

Where are you?

Please reply Allison!!!

I didn't think it was possible, but I grew even more confused as I read the messages. I opened Emma's next, those were also of no help. I had started to get worried now, What was going on? Did something else happen during my traumatic morning? The questions inside started to build up and now I couldn't even think straight. I then took a moment to calm myself down and take some deep breaths. With a calm head, I quickly did a video call with Ms. Abbott, hoping she would pick up. It looked like my wish was answered because she instantly picked up the phone, not even letting it ring for more than one time.

She quickly asked me " Oh My God!!!! Are you ok?" she said it all so fast, that I didn't even have any time to say hello.

" I'm fine Ms. Abbott, Why wouldn't I be? " I replied confused.

" Because if it wasn't for spiderman right now, you might be dead!!!! " she basically shouted from her end of the call.

" Oh. That's what this is about, " I stated feeling a bit relieved now.

" Yes, Of course, it is, how are you so calm right now? " she questioned.

" I was freaked out in the beginning, but I calmed myself down. But Ms. Abbott, I need to tell you something else about the situation " I said. Without skipping a beat, I continued by saying " I felt happy. I felt calm when I was in the air. It felt like I was home when I was swinging. Why though? Why did I feel so comfortable performing this risky and dangerous task? Why? ". 

That's when I noticed that suddenly it started raining heavily! I mean it was sunny and bright about a minute ago and now the rain is thundering down in New York. What is going on today? I quickly said goodbye to Ms. Abbott, cutting her off mid-sentence, and hung up the phone. I rushed to open the door to my apartment and straight away go to the window, not bothering to close the main door. More and more questions developed in my brain and I start breathing uncontrollably, when that happens the rain starts to become hail! One question haunted me as I look out the window, am I somehow doing this? When I realize I don't know the answer to that question, I collapsed on my couch, my head in my hands. I shakily opened my phone again to call Martha and cancel my shift today. 

" Hello? " she answers. 

" Hi, Ma-Martha, " I manage to get out.

" Allison? Are you okay dear? I saw what happened on the news! " she says worriedly. 

" I'- I'm fine, I- I just don't think I can co-come to work to-today. " I stutter out, my hands shaking uncontrollably as the hail outside turns to snow. 

" Of course dear, I completely understand, I hope you feel better and I will see you tomorrow," she says in a motherly tone. 

" Tha-thanks, Martha. Bye. " I replied before I hung up. 

I run a hand through my hair as I quickly messaged Emma declaring that I am fine. I tossed my phone next to me on the couch and ran a hand through my hair, sighing as I do so. The day had barely started and It was already terrible. I managed to calm myself down and thought that there must be a logical reason for this. I mean I would know if I have superpowers... right?