Chapter 22

Loki's P.O.V 

I watched in silence as Thor swung his hammer, a tense look on his face. I was afraid to blink as I was sure that I would miss his heroic departure. He stood with the man of Iron on his left, and the Falcon on his right. Wanda had been successful in her mission; Vision stood beside her watching the heroic three with a solemn look on his face. Then, suddenly, they were all gone; Thor had zipped off first, with the man of Iron and the Falcon taking of seconds after him. All of us had a grave look on our faces, unable to shake the feeling of apprehension. We had all been on missions, but it felt different, there was more uneasiness in the air than usual. It felt wrong. 

Thor's P.O.V 

I streaked through the air, flying faster than I had in my entire life. I knew that I had to reach the person causing the mayhem first. I couldn't afford to not see them first; to identify whether it really was my daughter who had killed so many people. To be frankly honest, I don't know what I would do if it was. I know Loki is one of the most powerful beings, and he is most likely correct when it comes to these matters, but my heart wouldn't allow me to see the facts. I didn't want to believe that she had done this. I grunted, trying to focus all of my strength towards my speed, I needed to reach them first. I was so focused on this, I didn't hear the shouts or the screams. I didn't see the desperate attempts to alert me. I didn't see the ball of fire hurtling towards me. 

Iron Man's P.O.V 

" Attack detected, " Friday shouted, instantly alerting me about the fireball heading in front of us. My eyes widened in shock, as I knew who the target was. I sped forward with a ferocity I had never previously exhibited, trying to reach Thor In time. I tried to shout his name, but none of my frantic screams alerted him, it seemed like he was lost in his own world. I remember hearing Steve's urgent shouts through the team coms, but none seemed to reach him. I was still far behind the God of Thunder when he exploded into uncountable pieces. 

Loki's P.O.V 

I screamed Thor's name; it felt like it was loud enough to shake the whole world. However, he didn't react. It felt like all of our screams were falling on deaf ears, as Thor continued to speed towards his daughter. I focused all my energy on somehow appearing inside of his head, desperately trying to contact him in any way. None of my attempts were successful; I was too emotional. I tried to calm myself down by taking a long deep breath, and I was about to try again when I heard it. It was impossible to not hear it; the blast. Without looking I knew what had happened. I felt my knees give out, and I collapsed into a mess on the floor. I was in shock; not able to understand what had just happened. He was just here. Then it hit me: my brother had just died. Thor had just died. Thor was gone

Then the emotions came; flooding all of my senses until I was just a shell of a god. I let out a wail that showed everybody what I was feeling. It conveyed the utter despair that was coursing through my body. My body racked with sobs, as I comprehended the fact that he wasn't coming back. He would never come back. He was never going to return. The stupid oaf had left me all alone. I was all alone. Father was gone. Mother was gone. Thor was gone. I clutched my heart, feeling like it was going to give out just because of the pain. The pain that was taking control of everything. 

My mind tried to reason with me; he couldn't be gone. That was a hallucination, he was going to appear in the sky at any moment now. Yet, he never came. Even as I screamed, and shouted; begging him to come back. To not leave me alone. I pounded my fist on the cold, harsh floor, who was going to make sure I didn't do anything wrong? Who was going to console me when I felt like crying? Who was going to poke fun at me about my greasy hair? Who was going to humiliate me with every action they do? Who was going to fight beside me? Who was going to be there for me? 

Through everything we had ever been through, I had always had him with me. But now he was gone, and he was never going to return.