Chapter Nineteen

" I swear to Odin, I will kill that woman. How dare she keep us from her. I mean the nerve and the audacity that the woman possesses. How heartless must someone be to do such a thing, I mean, that is something that I wouldn't even do, " Loki ranted, tugging at his raven locks. He had been pacing back and forth for approximately three hours, shouting out his frustration. His brother sat on a beach chair gazing out to the restless blue ocean. It seemed as though the waves sensed his inner turmoil as they rose and fell down, never stopping. 

Unlike his brother, Thor didn't feel anger or resentment, he only felt disappointment. He felt disappointed that there was a chance that he would never see his daughter; he might never hear her laugh; he might never get to know what she aspired to be; he might never know about her childhood. He might never know her. And when he had realized that, he felt like he had just been hit by a million bricks. People kept reminding him to not lose hope, but didn't he have the right to? He had lost so many people he ever cared about: his mother, his father, and Jane. Sweet, determined Jane. She had been the love of his life, but now she was gone. The darkness of the fact had made Thor feel so empty; it was a strange feeling. 

Loki's tirade stopped when his eyes fixated upon Thor. It felt peculiar that his joyful, and full-of-life brother was the man sitting in front of him. The man, or rather a god, sitting in front of him looked tired, and just drained of energy. In all his years of living, Loki had never seen Thor look so exhausted. He had seen him look tired, sleepy, and worn-out, but never to the point of total exhaustion. To be completely honest, (well as truthful the god of mischief can be) a piece of Loki's heart broke seeing his brother so empty.

He softly exhaled and took a seat on the scarlet beach chair next to the god of thunder. " I-I'm sorry brother," he said, stuttering a bit at the beginning. Thor turned to face him, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

" Whatever do you have to be sorry for? " the older sibling replied. 

" I'm sorry that you have had to endure such a horrible life, y-you do not deserve it. " Loki stated, sincerity embodied in his voice. 

" Thank you Loki, " Thor said as a small smile appeared on his lips. He wanted to say a lot of things, he wanted to remind him that he had a much better life than a lot of people, that there was no shortage of good memories that he possessed. But instead, he remained silent, breathing in the salty ocean air. 

The two brothers sat in silence on the bright chairs, staring at the vast blue body of water. The same person inhabited both of their thoughts. 

-------

Steve Rodgers was trapped. Bucky and Sam had thought that it would be a great idea to set him up on a date with a woman they had met on the streets. Steve had never hated them more, no, he had never disliked them more. Hate was a strong word. Although, Steve was getting more and more tempted to use it. For the last hour, his date had been talking about snapping turtles. She talked about what they ate, where they lived, how they reproduced. It was all about snapping turtles. 

Right now, he was thinking of ways that he could escape this torture. He could try the classic, oh a villain is destroying things, and I knew to go and stop him. But, that would require lying, and Steve always did his best to always be truthful. Although, if she spoke for five more minutes about snapping turtles, he would absolutely lose his mind. 

Thankfully, that's when the waiter decided to come up to their table. " Hi, I was wondering would you like some dessert? " he questioned. 

" Oh no thank you, " Steve immediately said trying his level best to make this date as short as possible. 

" Yeah, I think we are both full! " his date exclaimed, letting out a small laugh. Steve awkwardly darted his eyes around as soon as the waiter left to get the bill. He had no idea what was going to happen now, was she going to go back to talking about snapping turtle's or would she maybe talk like a normal person? Thankfully, he didn't need to worry because as soon as put his baby blue orbs on her, something else caught his eye. It was the lit-up screen of his phone, a bright red emergency alert was displayed on it.