- #3 [We Don't Sleep] -

"try not

to abuse

your power."

YOUR POWER

BY

BILLIE EILISH

[Y/N's POV - 2nd Person]

Once I had my stuff packed, my mum took me to theirs. I told her she didn't have to, especially since they were next door. There was a taxi waiting for my mum so she had to go quickly. We knocked at Jaeden's door. After 1 minute, his mum appeared. She had a huge grin on her face.
"Hello Y/M/N! You must be Y/N! My name is Angela! Welcome, welcome!!" She greeted us with a hug.

When I had said goodbye to my mum, I was bombarded with lovely complements on my hair, eyes, and even my clothes by Angela. I told her that it was no need but she continued.

His mum showed me to my room where I placed my suitcase. My mum left me with my key so if I needed anything I could just go next door and grab it.

Once I'd unpacked, I went downstairs to see whether his mum needed help with dinner. When I was passing the living room, the door was slightly ajar and I saw Jaeden and his friend Tyler playing on his console. I crept past the door, hoping not to make any sound.

Fortunately, I successfully made it to the kitchen without making any attention for myself. I saw that Angela was making pasta salad.
"Do you need any help?" I asked her.
"Ooh yes dear! Thank you for asking! Please may you chop the tomatoes?"
I nodded and got started right away.

I finished making the salad and watched while Angela added the pasta. Does she even know of the things Jaeden does? I thought. I was snapped back into reality by shouts from the living room. I think they got a win. Angela apologised for the shouting but I told her it was alright.

"Boys! Come now, it's dinner!" Angela called. I shuffled uncomfortably, not wanting to eat with them. Luckily they came in and took their plates to the living room. I tried not to look at them but as soon as I shifted my gaze, I saw them eyeing me up and down in a disapproving manner.

I ate dinner with Angela silently as we listen to the radio. I only had a small portion so I finished quickly. I left the table with Angela's permission and went up to my room. I took a short shower before bed. I rinsed off and threw on some pyjamas. I glanced at the time.

8:19 pm

I decided to watch some Netflix. I opened up the app and clicked on a show I had been watching. It was called Cobra Kai and so far, I was loving it. I watched 2 episodes before relaxing down to 'sleep'. It's not like I could anyways. I normally stay up staring at the ceiling but if I ever get extremely bored, I read this romance book I have. Soppy, I know, but reading about a fantasy I will never have, fulfils my dreams even if it's not actually me.

I read my book for 45 minutes before checking the time again.

10:03 pm

Tyler had left and Angela and Jaeden had gone to bed. The nights can feel dragging and endless but the sun has to show sometime. I lay in bed for god knows how long, with my eyes closed. Even if I can't sleep, the least I can do is look like I am. It's not long before I get bored of laying in bed. My throat suddenly feels dry. I sit up and look around for a cup in my room. Nothing.

I creep out of bed and exit my room into the dark hallway. I had to run my hand along the wall as to not bang into anything. Once I make it downstairs, I walk to the kitchen and open the cupboard. There is no need to turn on the light as the moon gives me all the light I need.

I notice the clock on the wall and walk closer to see the time.

2:57 am

I have grabbed my glass and I am filling it up with water when I hear a creak. I turn off the tap and look around but I can't see anyone. I turn back around and I drink my water while looking out the window. The stars looked pretty. I fill up the glass once more and I'm about to drink it when I hear a breath tickle the back of my neck.

I spin round quickly and I'm met with the face of Jaeden, inches away from mine. I gasp, he smirks. What the hell is his problem.

"Do you bloody mind?!" I shoot at him. He completely avoids my question.

"Why are you still up?" he asks, not backing away.

"And that's your business why?" I say, trying to get away, and failing. I'm pressed right up against the counter.

"It's not. I was just wondering because I heard you from the living room." He states.

"And why were you in the living room?" I ask, completely expecting him to say something stupid.

"I couldn't sleep." He shrugs. Oh. Well that's one thing we have in common. When I stare silently at the floor, he sighs.

"What about you? Why are you up?" He presses.

"I can't sleep. I don't sleep." I mumble. Crap Y/N, why did you tell him that. To my surprise, he laughs.

"What like you don't sleep with boys or..?" He chuckles. See what I mean? I scoff at his attitude and successfully get past him. I quickly down the rest of my water. I place the glass on the counter and walk into the hallway.

"So what, Y/N, do you sleep with boys or not?" He laughs. I turn around and flip him off while walking backwards. I turn back around and go up to my room.

I sit on the end of my bed, back facing the door. I sit there for 5 minutes when I hear my bedroom door creak open...