- #14 [Shitty Parenting Right There!] -

"cause i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!

yeah i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!

listen to iron maiden, baby, with me, ooh!"

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

BY

WHEATUS

[Y/N's POV - 2nd Person]

I skipped school this week and now I lay on the sofa with my eyes closed, the dull throbbing of my head interrupting my thoughts.

Jaeden was out with some mates so Angela was looking after me for now. Over this week, me and Jaeden had got a lot closer. We didn't speak much, it was just him looking after me.

I don't understand what had happened between us this past month but if I said I hated it, that would be lying.

We aren't as close as I was with Anya, but we are more than acquaintances. I mean, living in the same house means you can't ignore each other.

My thoughts were interrupted by Angela coming over and giving me my pill.

"There we go darling." She smiled kindly at me and a grin fell on my face.

Recently, everything has just been going so fast. Exactly a week ago, I had my first kiss. I haven't thought much about it but I've been meaning to speak with Jaeden about it. Why did he do it? That was before this whole situation. Before he cared about me.

He's probably going to go back to being a dick when I fully recover. Watch him and Tyler start beating me up again as if I'm some stupid shitty toy.

The rest of the day went pretty quick. I fell asleep again and when I woke up, Jaeden was back and Angela was gone. Jaeden told me she has gone to go do grocery shopping. He was about to go upstairs when I stopped him.

"Jaeden.." I groaned. He rushed back down to see what had happened.

"What, what? Is everything okay? What's hurting? Are you feeling good?" The words tumbled out of his mouth like a waterfall.

"Ha gotcha!" I chuckled. All the medicine had made me go woozy recently and I hadn't been myself. He sighed out of relief but when he started to walk away I called him back.

"Wait wait don't gooo!" His mouth turned upwards at the corners and a strange noise came out of it. Did he just laugh?

"What now?" He asked in a joking tone. Here goes nothing..

"Last week... what was that?"

"What was what?" A confused expression flooded his face.

"You know.. at the party.." His expression didn't clear.

"The kiss? Don't you remember?" My heart sank for some reason when he shook his head.

Drunk actions..

"Never mind." He shrugged and went to his room.

[Jaeden's POV - 2nd Person]

Of course I remember our kiss, I'm just embarrassed that she rejected it. It was a new feeling and I didn't know how to cope. The weirdest thing is, she looked almost disappointed when I said I didn't remember. Obviously I was a little drunk but I was sober enough to know that I wanted to kiss her.

Recently, I have mixed feelings about her. Back when I used to bul- when I was a shitty person, I never saw her pain. But since she's moved in with me, I realised what I've put her through, and then of course the whole situation since last Saturday. She's barely moved from the sofa.

I feel like it's all my fault. If I had been there with her, this would have never happened.

- t i m e s k i p - [ 2   w e e k s   l a t e r ] -

[Y/N's POV - 2nd Person ]

I've recovered and I'm back at school. For the first couple of days, everyone was extra nice, extra careful around me but by the end of the week, everything was back to normal. I disappeared in the crowd like a tile on a chess board.

Jaeden and I didn't speak at school but I'd often catch him staring at me while I'm at my locker or heading to class.

My mum comes back in around 3-4 months. I can't wait to see her. I've been talking with her over messages and the phone but it's just so different in real life.

Today is the last day before summer holidays meaning everyone is like wild animals in the corridors. It's last period but it doesn't look like people are going to pay attention. I'm heading to my class when a voice crackles on the speakers overhead.

"Will Y/N L/N please report to the principles office. I repeat, will Y/N L/N please report to the principles office, thank you."

Everyone's eyes were on me by the time the voice faded away. I shuffled through the crowd, not so used to being the centre of attention.

I made my way to the office and opened the door. It creaked so everyone turned around to look.

"Ahhh my dear Y/N!" The principle said, clapping her hands together.

"Hello." I said quietly with a small smile. "What's going on?"

"Well, I'm afraid I have some bad news. I wasn't told why but your mother is going to be moving to a different country for her work and she is going to be staying a lot longer."

"Wuh-well h-how much longer?" I stuttered through my words, trying to keep myself together.

"Around 8-9 months." The principle watched my expression with a worried glance around the room.

"9 m-months.." She nodded slowly. "T-that's b-bullshit! How could s-she do that?!" Tears were already streaming down my face.

"Y/N, please none of that language in here now.." I was tired of being the teachers pet.

"No I won't stop! Do you know how long I've h-had to live with my fucking enemy? I've had to put up with his crap for 2 months! And now she's leaving me again? That's shitty parenting right there! So do what you want, I don't think detention is an option since it's the last day! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going now. Happy fucking summer."

I ran straight home and cried.