- #11 [Nothing Happened] -

"don't you

forget about

me."

DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME

BY

SIMPLE MINDS

[Y/N's POV - 2nd Person]

I woke up in Jaeden's arms. He was still sleeping and I was still stuck. I hauled myself out of his grip and he stirred but stayed asleep. He turned on his side and I pulled the sheets over him.
It was a Saturday and unfortunately, I had nothing to do. Neither did Jaeden which meant we were both going to be at home. Great.

I headed downstairs to see that Angela's car keys and bag was gone. She had a shift that morning. I rubbed my eyes and walked passed the kitchen door but I caught a glance of myself in it. I looked at myself.
My hair was all over the place, my eyes were droopy and my lips were numb.

So this is what's it's like to wake up after sleeping. I forgot.

I've never looked so bad in my life. I quickly rushed over to the sink and splashed my face with cold water to wake myself up. I could feel my lips again and my eyes were now wide open but my hair still looked like a monkey had nested in it.

I tried to flatten it down with my hands but it didn't work. Oh well. I made breakfast for myself and sat at the table to eat.

By the time I had finished, Jaeden had come downstairs, slicking his hair back with his hand. We were both still in our pyjamas and we both looked dead inside.

We mumbled a "Hello" to each other and I went upstairs and left him to his thoughts. I walked towards my wardrobe and pulled out a simple outfit.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my phone and started watching Netflix

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my phone and started watching Netflix. After about 1 hour, I heard Angela come through the front door. She made her way into the kitchen placed her bag and her keys down by the sound of it. I turned back to my phone and went onto Instagram.

After scrolling through my feed, I looked out the window. It was pretty sunny and I felt like going out. I was quite hungry and thirsty so before going out I made a smoothie and put it in a bottle. I grabbed a bag and put the smoothie, my headphones, a book and my purse in there. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and picked up my keys.

I told Angela I was leaving and said bye. I was walking down the street and walked into the corner shop. I bought a breakfast bar and a pack of gum. I left and walked to the park.

Since it was around 9 in the morning, there were no other people and very quiet. I walked over to a tree and sat down. The grass was dry so I didn't need to sit on my coat this time. I heard a ding and looked at my phone. I had an Instagram dm from someone.