- #16 [During The Flood] -

"acting on your best behaviour..

turn your back on mother nature..

everybody wants to rule the world."

EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD

BY

TEARS FOR FEARS

[3rd Person POV]

As she lay on the soaking wet steps, Y/N picked up her bag and took out the book. She flipped through the damp pages, many tearing in her fingers. She shut the book and lay it in the puddle beside her and watched as the paper disintegrated and fell apart.

She turned her head back towards the sky, struggling to see as the rain dripped into her eyes.

Not far off, a young boy tread through the puddles as the raindrops splash around him. His is soaked to the bone but is determined to find someone. He didn't realise how much he had upset her but her negative emotions had snapped his sober self back.

He wore a red raincoat but still used his arm to block the water even after putting the hood up.

"Y/N!! Y/N!! Where are you?" He called out but the rain flood drowned out his voice.

"Fuck!! Come back! Please.." His voice broke multiple times. He around a lot, struggling to find her. He ran to the bay and looked out across the small man-made beach.

Nothing.

He turned back and started walking towards the house to call for a search party when he heard sobbing. It was quiet because of the rain but it was vivid.

He followed the sound to see Y/N sitting on some concrete steps with her head in her hands. Beside her he was the book.

His heart sank lower than it ever had before.

"Y/N! What are you doing?" He called out.
She looked up and locked eyes with him as he walked towards her.

Jaeden eyes had stiffen and he realised that her clothes had gone see-through because of the water soaking them.

He respectfully kept his eyes away from the areas he knew she wouldn't like anyone to see.

She stared at him before scrambling around, but slipping because of the rain. She ran (or climbed some might say) up the stairs.

It was very obvious what was going to happened. Y/N was running up slippy steps, looking around every now and again.

Jaeden ran after her.

"Y/N stop!!! Y/N stop please!"

She didn't.

"YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING FALL!!"

She turned around and stamped her foot on the ground.

"NO I FUCKING WON'T! STOP BOTHERING ME! GO BOMBARD SOMEONE ELSE YOUR STUPID SHIT!" Her voice was full of pain and anguish.

She walked slowly backwards as Jaeden came forward, hands out in front of him in a stop motion.

"Y/N slow down. Be careful. Look I'm sorry. You can move somewhere just, stop."

She shook her head. Jaeden started running up the steps towards her quickly. His feet were felt soapy on the concrete and he scuffled around.
Y/N ran backwards but suddenly, her feet gave out from under her.

It all happened so slowly. Jaeden was still running, tears in his eyes. His arms were out, trying to catch her.

He felt that his legs weren't moving quick enough. He scrambled up.

Her head was a foot from the ground. Jaeden was beside her. He shoved us hands under her head.

Her head landed on his hands. They were both breathless. Jaeden was the first to move. Keeping his hands under her head, he shuffled around, stepping over her body with one leg.

He held her head still but with his fingers on the back of her head and his thumbs caressing her cheeks.

They were both crying but it was hard to tell since the rain blurred in with the tears.

Their sobs racked each other's bodies. Jaeden pulled Y/N into a hug and she hugged him back. There was no words, only actions.

Y/N stroked Jaeden's hair and he rubbed her head and back. Jaeden was the first to pull away but their heads were still close, noses almost touching.

They stared into each other's eyes before Jaeden started leaning in slowly. Y/N's grip on his hand tightened as he connected their lips together.

They both stiffened but relaxed after a while. Y/N was breathing heavily through her mouth which Jaeden used as an opportunity.

He let his tongue enter her mouth. Y/N kissed back but Jaeden won dominance and controlled the kiss. They were breathing heavily into each other's mouths.

Jaeden hand had slid back up onto her cheek and was now caressing it carefully in a soothing circular motion.

Jaeden broke the kiss by smiling into Y/N's lips. Y/N smiled back and let her head fall back slightly so she could see his eyes.

She got lost in them while Jaeden stared back.
Everything had clicked. Jaeden had found his missing piece and so had Y/N.

They finished the puzzle.