chapter 3

. . . Flashback . . .

Holland's POV.

"I'll be fine. I just need to get some things off my chest." I say at I pet his shoulder lightly.

"Okay. I'll be in the car okay. Take as long as you need" he starts walking towards the car.

I took a deep breath and looked down at David's grave.

"Hey... your brother drove me here. I uh- I'm living with him now. Not because my dad didn't want me to stay with him but your brother thought it would be stressful for my dad to deal with me all the time."

I pause as tears started to blur my vision.

"It's a girl" I chuckle. "Just like you always dreamed. Your brother was sad about it. He wanted it to be a boy and name it something stupid. I don't even remember" I smile and dry me tears as I remember his drunk brother sitting on the couch trying to think of baby names. Vodka was one of them.

"He has been really nice to me, I don't know why you guys were never close."

I sigh.

"I wish you were here to see the baby when she's born. You'd probably pass out" I laugh.

"I wanted to come here and tell you that I- I really love you David. I know you wouldn't have done what you did if you knew I was pregnant. I tried contacting you when you left that day. I tried for 2 weeks, till I got your letter. You're a piece of shit for leaving, now I need to deal with your annoying brother. I really hope she doesn't grow up to be like him.

You should fucking be here David" I fight the tears.

"Killing yourself was a shitty move. I loved you shithead. Well love, I still love you. I don't think I will ever stop loving you." I dry my tears.

"Ugh so many mixed emotions. This pregnancy is driving me crazy.

I'll come back soon to show her to you. I hope she has your beautiful eyes. I miss you, I really do. I should've come here sooner-

. . .

Nyle's POV

"Kim what the fuck!"

"She's the reason for all of this. He should've been with me. He was mine until she showed up."

"Oh god Holland" I press my shirt tighter against the wound. "Come on ambulance hurry up"

"He said that she was the love of his life and he didn't want anything to do with me anymore. That's why I took his money because I thought he would come looking for me but he didn't. I should be pregnant with his child not her. He wouldn't be dead if he was still with me. It's all her fault." She said crying.

"Kim if don't leave right now I will get up, take that gun out of your hand and shoot you 5 times in the head." I said without hesitation, all in one breath.

"Do it! I'm not fucking leaving. I want to see her as she leaves and slowly dies in that ambulance while you stroke her hair"

"It's okay baby, the ambulance is coming okay. You're going to be fine just hold on a little longer okay?"

"Calling her baby now are we?"

"Shut the fuck up Kim. I'm not getting up from here and killing you right this second because this shithead-...

I point to David's grave.

...decided to kill himself. I want this baby to have a form of father figure in her life. Holland can't do this on her own and I don't want to leave her alone. I don't want to be in jail because I killed you."

I hear the ambulance coming and Kim puts the gun in her bag. The two men come rushing over. I get up and walk over to Kim, I grab her wrist firmly and go down to her ear.

"If she dies I will come for you and make sure that you will be tortured to death. My brother is dead, if she dies too I'll be left alone. We both know how I can get when I'm angry. You've seen me before when you were with my brother... how angry I can get."

"Y- you're hurting me" she says as tears fall down her cheek while she tries to pull her hand away.

I grip her other wrist and bring them to her chest. I kiss her forehead.

"I don't ever want to see you again. I will kill you Kim." I let go off her wrists and walk over to the ambulance.

"Everything okay sir?"

"Oh yes I was just telling my sister everything will be fine because she's still in shock. I called my brother to come take her don't worry she just needs time to talk to our mother who's here in the cemetery."

"Alright"

. . . Hours later . . .

"Uh...Mr. Peterson?"

I look up to the doctor.

"Yes!"

"Hi, I'm doctor Williams." We shake hands.

"We would like to keep her here for the next couple of days. Might be longer than a month. We need to make sure that she heals and is healthy enough to give birth. Since she is more than 8 months pregnant I suggest you let her stay here until she gives birth but that's up to you. If we see that she's healthy and you want to take her home that's up to you."

"No no it's better if she's here. I will need to go to work sometimes to check that everything is good I wouldn't want to leave her alone. I'll call my mum to come here with her when I can't so she won't feel lonely"

"Very well then. I have a couple more questions for you. Do you know who the shooter was or?"

"Uh no I went to my car to get my phone in case my mum calls and my sister and her were going over to a grave of a friend of ours and that's when I heard the gunshot. They didn't see anything as well."

"Hmm, alright. I asked you so I'll tell the police when they get here since you need to get back to work."

"Yes yes."

"Uhh. So I understand you're the father right?"