chapter 2

I looked up and it was him. He was wearing a different type of clothes from yesterday. He smelled so nice

"Oh you know, I was just waiting for the right guy to save me from getting hit by a car." I say sarcastically. He laughed showing those pearly whites.

"Oh- so that's your job?"

"Yes, part time though" I said and we laughed.

"I know it's none of my business and I might be a stranger but you looked pretty sad yesterday. Want to go for coffee or something and tell me what's wrong? You can say no. This must be weird for you but like you seem like a really good kid and I was going there anyway so why not." He said and stood up from the bench.

"Hmm, yeah sure. Don't kidnap me though" I blushed and smiled.

"I was going to but now I won't" he chuckled.

"Ah- fuck that sounded creepy I'm sorry I was just trying to be... funny. Eh- too old for that"

"Whaaatt? No it's ok. Plus you're not old. I mean you don't look old. Ugh I don't know how to explain."

"Well I see we're both just as weird" he said.

"Weird? What's that." I said making him laugh again.

Outside the café

He paid for both drinks. He started walking towards me and the last bit he started shaking his hips to the song playing.

"Oh, very good." I clapped my hands to his awful dancing. He took a bow and handed me my drink. Then we started walking to the beach.

"So young lady, what's your name and your story?" he asked as we walked.

"My name is Holland, 17. I live with mother, dad left when I was 8 because she cheated on him with his boss and his best friend. She drank a lot and even now so they used to fight a lot and one day he was done with it and left. Errmmm... I go to school and I like to write and draw. I don't know what to say" I slowly look up and see that he has sadness in his eyes.

"Are you scared to leave your mum?" he asked.

"I mean yeah, she raised me on her own and I should take care of her. I know I need my own life but as much as she puts me through stuff, she's still my mum you know." I gave him a fake smile.

He nodded.

"Thank you for paying for my drink by the way" I smiled broadly.

"Oh no problem" he flashed the most winning smile.

"Can we sit here?" I asked pointing to a bench nearby with the sight of the beautiful sunset and sea.

"Sure" and we sat down.