chapter 3

"You shut up, dirty whore." She says drunk.

"I'm a dirty whore? I'm not the one sleeping with a different guy every night am I?" I shouted angrily.

"I am your mother you don't talk to me that way! Don't shout I have a headache. And-if- if you don't li-like it here. You can always leave. Go live outside because without me you are nothing." She took off her heels and walked slowly going left to right towards the couch.

"You should thank your mother for you still having this house" I said walking back in the kitchen.

I heard her sobbing. I went in front of her and handed her a glass of water. She didn't take it so I put it on the table in front of the couch.

"What now?" I asked.

"I hate you. I don't want to see you anymore. I didn't even want you when your father left. I want you to leave or I can leave. Call your grandmother and tell her I want to go somewhere else. Go ahead call her and tell her. I want a new life without you."

I rolled my eyes and went to close the door as I only noticed it was still open when I felt the cold air. But just as I walked to it I saw him. David. He was there, he made a small smile.

"Hey, I can leave if you want I just texted you a couple of times and I figured I might come here to check on you." He sounded scared, I think at the fact that I might fight with him since I wasn't in a good mood.

"I texted you back but since you're here, come in" I moved from the door and he came in. He looked at my mother.

"Please, take a seat. I'll bring us something to drink. I will take care of her and then we can go to another room. Give me a minute." I said and started walking towards the kitchen again.

"I have time don't worry" I turned around and he flashed a smile.

I got 2 cans of Coca-Cola out of the fridge because that's all we had which was good.

"Are you dating her?" I heard my mother say. I stopped and didn't walk out to hear his response.

"Um, no. we just met but I wish her the best. She seems too young. I'm 30 so I don't think that she likes me that way."

"Hahahahahaha, I know her better than you. She likes you, sir. Take care of her for me. I know I say bad things to her, but I just don't want her to grow loving me. I don't want her loving me. I want her to leave and start a life. I may have some drinks in me right now but I know what I want for her. Take care of her okay. I give you permission to take her. She needs someone."

I looked out and she turned her face towards the back of the couch and closed her eyes. A tear left my eye, I closed my eyes and thought. That's why she always says those hurtful things to me.

I reopened my eyes and looked to find David wasn't in his seat anymore but walking towards me.

"I know you heard her, she said it herself... you need to start fresh. If you want I will come to take care of her while you go to school." He stared in my eyes.

"No, that's fine David."

"Can you stay here?" I asked looking down avoiding eye contact.

He cupped my face and with his right hand, he rubbed circles on my cheek. I closed my eyes as I felt my knees getting weak. He stopped and I opened my eyes again, he licked his lips and leaned rested his forehead on mine.

"Holland? ....."

"David?" I chuckled.

He looked in my eyes "I just met you and you're tearing me apart"