ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

~ ʜᴇʏ, sʟᴇᴇᴘʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ! ~
~ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx ~

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Aran had ran through the basics with you. How to stretch you arms out properly and efficiently to make sure you have the best chance of blocking a ball and a lower chance of hurting yourself. He also told you to spike with the whole of your hand because if you hit the ball too hard with just a few fingers it could hurt them, especially if you were blocking then it could even lead to a broken finger.

You had small fragments in your mind of the very very simple parts of how to play volleyball so you were extremely grateful that Aran was more than happy to run through them with you in more depth. Even though he was only doing it because your twin brothers had gone and gotten themselves banned from practice for tonight due to a small fight. It was normal for the pair to fight and have their disagreements but you couldn't recall a time where they had come home and were sulking due to being kicked out of practice, so this was a first for both of them and for you.

"Now we haven't got another setter here this evening so I'll try my best to get the ball in the best place for you okay?" Aran explained as he spun the ball between his fingers, some middle blockers were stretching their arms and legs on the other side of the net.

You just nod and thank him because there isn't much else for you to say. "Why don't you get her to practice the movement and then you'll be able to judge how high you need to set the ball?" Suna's voice came from the other side of the court and you could just about make out his face through the white strings of the net.

You and Aran thought about it for a quick second before agreeing, it was a really good idea and it would give you a chance to test the waters to see how high you could jump.

You waited at the edge of the court and when Aran signalled you to run you did and he set the ball up at a random height and you could almost reach it but needed just a few more centimetres of height. I'm just glad my legs decided to be on my side and not give way - I hate when I'm just walking along then all of a sudden my legs just buckle! You turned to the side to look at Aran and could hear his brain ticking. "Just a little lower and I think we've got it" he flashes you a thumbs up and you nod before walking back over to the edge of the court, the middle blockers were now getting into position. It wasn't going to be a difficult task to block you but you then found out this was also a test run, to get you used to the feeling of being blocked before the rest of the team join in. Excluding your brothers of course.

You do exactly as you had done before but this time the ball was in just about the right position and one of the blockers also jumped in front of you to block the ball, causing it to land with a thud on your side of the net.