Chapter 31

Feliz día del amor y la amistad, hijos moos. Thank you so much for supporting me and my story, I really can't thank you enough.
Lots of love
-E

"Mr. Black! Mr. Lahote!" Principal Barks yelled. The chanting for fight stopped immediately and Jacob and Paul stopped rolling on the floor, throwing punches at one another. They looked up to see the principal standing over them, and what was worse, Renata was there too, both boys avoided Renata's death glare, "it's the third time this school year that I find the two of you fighting! You give me no choice, my office, now!" The boys stood up and walked out of the cafeteria, still avoiding her gaze, she was shaking her head as she saw the boys walking away, Renata could see Paul was doing his maximum effort not to phase right there, "I'm sorry, Renata, we must cut your tour short, you are free to stay here until lunch is over if you want" Principal Barks told her and sighed, then left. Renata smiled sympathetically at her.

Students started to disperse, Andrea and Nina were excited to see Renata there, they had both liked her and found her kind of intriguing. However, before they could approach her, she walked up to Jared Cameron. They decided to abstain themselves from walking towards the new girl, everyone knew Paul and Jared, and Kim since she became Jared's girlfriend, were practically untouchable, all the girls and many guys liked them but not many were "worthy" of their attention.

"¿Dónde crees que vas, Jared?" Renata asked sternly, when she saw Jared trying to leave, "Embry, Quil, you too" Renata called at the boys that were walking away behind her. They all stopped dead in their tracks, "we're gonna have a chit chat"

Andrea and Nina watched this interaction, even if they couldn't hear what was being said. They watched as Renata looked sternly at the three boys as they walked to the entrance towards the patio. The boys walked as if they were being scolded, and for some reason, Andrea and Nina knew they were, in fact, being scolded.

Once outside, the boys sat in a bench with Renata in front of them.

"Stop me si me equivoco, Paul and Jacob have been fighting, like, physically fighting, and none of you thought it might be a tad important to tell me?" She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at them with her eyebrows raised, she received no answer for about half a minute, "it wasn't a rhetorical question, I'm expecting an answer"

"We were going to tell you, I promise" Embry said with true remorse in his eyes.

"We were, but Jacob made us promise not to do it, he said he would talk to Paul and sort whatever they had going on, but, as you can see... things didn't work out" Renata sighed and nodded when she heard Quil.

"And you?" Renata looked at Jared, who seemed to grow smaller under her gaze.

"Well, I didn't want you to worry..."

"You didn't want me to- Jared! I practically live with Paul, and Jacob is my boyfriend! Of course I would worry! And of course I was gonna find out eventually!" Renata said exasperated.

"Are you angry?" Jared asked her, his voice was kind of shut down, almost sad. He actually felt really guilty of not telling her, he knew how much she cared for both guys, they were both family to her, even if it was in different ways.

"I'm not angry, Jared" Renata sighed, "I'm just disappointed," Renata relaxed her shoulders, she knew they were all trying to protect her by not telling her, but she worried about them, it was very possible that Jacob might phase, and she didn't want them fighting in the pack, "c'mon, let's go inside, temperature is dropping" Renata told them.

She hugged Quil and Embry, and told them she'd see them later, and she stayed behind with Jared. Renata put her arm around Jared's waist once he stood up, he put his arm across her shoulders. Jared knew he was forgiven, just by that touch of Renata. Many hadn't yet noticed, but Renata showed her feelings, mainly love and affection, through physical contact, so each hug, each touch and even each punch from Renata, it meant something, and you just had to watch her closely to understand what.

"I'm gonna go back home, okay? I need to call my mom" Renata told Jared, who nodded.

They walked like that back into the cafeteria, many turned to look at them. No one else would have dared to get that close to Jared, everyone knew he was dating Kim and he was really protective of her, he shoved off any girl that tried to flirt with him. Kim walked up to them, everyone expected a confrontation of Kim and the new girl, but instead, Renata let go of Jared and hugged Kim. Kim had gone several times to Emily's house, and her and Renata had bonded over bullying Jared, and just spending time together when the boys went out, sometimes they would go on girl dates with each other, just completely ditch the boys and go to the movies or to have dinner.

"Sorry, I can't come over this weekend, my mom wants to take me to see my aunt in Oregon" Kim told Renata, pouting.

"That's okay, you'll just have to buy me dinner when you come back" Renata said with a smirk.

"Nuh huh. You eat as much, if not more, as Jared. I'll take you to the movies or a spa day" Kim said shaking her head.

"Okay, okay" Renata raised her hands in surrender, "I'll see you guys later" Renata told them and walked to the door, in a nearby table, Andrea and Nina were sitting, "see you on Monday" Renata told them with a smile, waving at them, they waved back unsurely.

Renata walked through the same long corridor back to the principal's office, which was her only reference point. Sitting outside the Pincipal's office, just across from Dean's desk, was Jacob. He had a broken lip, a cut on his cheekbone and Renata could see a bruise starting to form around his eye.  Renata sat next to him and instinctively leaned into him, he wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry" Jacob told her.

"I know" Renata put her hand on his leg. Renata straightened herself and kissed Jacob on the cheek. He smiled and looked at her with a playful smirk.

"That's all?" He asked playfully.

"Until you learn to play nicely with others, yes, that's all you're gonna get" Renata went to kiss his cheek again but he tried to move his face so she kissed him on the lips, but what he accomplished was to be bit in the tip of the nose, "that's for cheating. Seriously now, Jake, please don't fight, I don't want you getting hurt. I don't know why you were fighting with Paul, but I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, it's not worth it" Renata grabbed his hand tightly and looked at him in the eyes, "promise me, Jacob, no more fighting"

"I promise" Jacob said reluctantly, he just couldn't say no to those eyes.

"Thank you" Renata said, and kissed him softly in the lips.

The door of the Pincipal's office opened. Jacob stood up, followed by Renata.  Paul had a black eye and was bleeding through his nose. When he saw Renata was there, he looked away, he was ashamed and didn't want her to look at him right there, not after he had repeatedly told her how reckless she was, but he was just as reckless, if not more, as her.

"Mr. Black, you can go back to the cafeteria, Mr. Lahote has already explained me what happened. I'll see you next week, Mr. Lahote. Renata, I'll see you on Monday as well. I will probably call your parents ditung the weekend" Principal Barks told them and returned to her office.

"Do you want to come have lunch?" Jacob asked Renata.

"No, there's only ten minutes left of your lunch time, so I'm just gonna go now" Renata told him, he nodded and leaned down to kiss her. As they kissed, Renata perfectly heard a growl coming from Paul, and even if Jacob couldn't hear it, he sensed Paul was getting irritated, Renata pulled away from the kiss and looked up at Jacob, "besides, now I have to drive Paul home, he can't drive with that eye"

"Ok, be careful. Don't do anything reckless" Jacob told Renata as she gave a couple steps backwards towards Paul.

"Aw, come on! You know me! I'm probably gonna do something reckless either way" Renata laughed, and waved back at Jacob, who had started walking to the cafeteria but still looking at her. She sent him a kiss and he pretended to catch it. After that, they went their separate ways.

"I can get myself home" Paul said once they were out of Jacob's earshot.

"I know" Renata told him, then cautiously took his hand, almost expecting him to bite at her or yell, or something, but he let her, "but I think it would be better if I drove you, is that okay?" Renata tried to catch his eye but he avoided it. Yet, he still nodded and followed Renata to the black truck, without pulling his hand away.