Chapter 10

A/n: Guys!!! Two quick things before you read the chapter.
First of all, I want to say sorry because I haven't uploaded in what seems forever, but believe me, it's not that I don't want to, but I've been hell busy with school and exams. Who would think the IB would mean stress and anxiety?
Anyways, spring break is close and I will try to upload as frequently as I can, same with my other stories, so don't forget to check them out.
Secondly, I want to share with you guys that I did the TOEFL ITP at school and I got 630 points out of 670, which means that I am officially considered a native English speaker and I wanted to share it with you all.

Jacob got her quickly to Emily's place after she told him that it was a family emergency. Just as they got there, a chair came flying out of a window.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? Don't you want me to stay? Or perhaps you should come home with me" Jacob told her just as they heard glass breaking inside.

"Yeah, it's okay, I'll call you later, okay?" Renata told him and quickly kissed his cheek.

Renata entered the house quickly, didn't stay to see Jacob staring at her as she walked away and put his hand on his cheek where she kissed him. After a couple of seconds, Jacob mounted on his motorcycle and left the property, returning home while thinking of Renata. Meanwhile, Renata entered her house to see Jared hiding behind Emily, and Paul and Sam fuming in anger while her brother had a chair in his hands.

"What is going on here?!" Renata yelled at them.

"Renata!" Jared exclaimed and went to hug her, then hid behind her, "your brother wants to kill us" he muttered to her ear.

"Claudio, baja la silla" Renata told him seriously.

"Ellos empezaron..." Claudio started but shut up as soon as he saw his sister's angry face.

"A mi me vale madres quien haya empezado, baja la silla y discúlpate" Renata said, still calmly.

"¿Y tú quien eres para decirme qué hacer, Renata? Soy un alpha, no acepto órdenes de nadie" He got closer to her, towering over Renata and fuming in anger. Paul, Sam and Jared watched with curiosity but also with caution, their instincts telling them that they should protect her, however, they also saw her eyes change colour.

"Te dije que bajaras LA SILLA" Renata started saying and yelled the last part. It seemed that everything became silent. They all felt the power coming from her voice, she was using her shaman voice. They saw Claudio trying to resist it but after five seconds of resistance, he broke eye contact with Renata and put it down, "ahora discúlpate con Emily" Renata said, calmly again.

"I'm sorry, Emily" Claudio said, looking at the Native American woman. Emily nodded and smiled at Renata.

"Now, what are you all waiting for?! That window will not fix itself!" Renata yelled, without using her powers, still, the Quilete boys and Claudio all hurried to get what was needed.

"Thanks, Renata" Emily told her, hugging the young girl.

"My brother can be a real twat sometimes, but he is also stressed, he wasn't prepared like Daniel to be alpha, he is learning along the way... I'm sure he didn't really mean to have a fit" Renata excused her brother.

"Don't worry about it" Emily told Renata as she rested her head on top of the Mexican girl, "Do you want Muffins?"

"Blueberry?" Renata asked, raising her left eyebrow.

"Sure, do you want to help?" Emily said, walking to the kitchen.

"Yeah, why not?"

Emily and Renata spent the rest of the afternoon baking blueberry muffins, Renata separated a batch to take them to Jacob and Billy later. After they finished baking, they cleaned the kitchen and started making dinner while the boys finished fixing the window and cleaning everything.

"We're done, Renata" Jared told her, supporting his whole weight on her.

"Jeez, Jared, you need to stop eating hamburgers" Renata said as she used her powers to lift him up bridal style and got him to a chair in the kitchen table, "Come, everyone, we made dinner" as soon as Renata said that, the other three boys ran to the table and sat down.

"Sorry for talking to you that way earlier, Ren" Claudio told his sister and she nodded, slapping the back of his head.

"Why are you here, Clau? Checking that I'm taking my meds?" Renata said sarcastically.

"No, I came because Carlisle called to say that you had been hurt by a vampire" Claudio told her, "we were all scared half to death, Dad knew he couldn't come due to his... problem, so they sent me"

"I'm fine, really. You don't have to worry, I can still beat your ass" Renata joked and Jared, Paul and Sam laughed.

"However, about the meds..."

"Don't start, Claudio, I'm much better without them. How is Mom doing?"

"She's coping well, she misses you and wants you to go back-"

"No! I'm not going back! Not yet, at least. The deal was that I came here and finished high school." Renata said firmly, "besides, you don't need me there anymore"

"What do you mean?" Claudio asked her.

"I'm not stupid, Claudio. I know that as soon as I stepped on that plane, mom got her powers back. That is how the magic works, our people cannot be left unprotected so the gods gave her back her powers. I am here and I swore to protect them and I will continue to do it-" Renata told him but Claudio interrupted her.

"Yes, but that is until-" Claudio started saying and Renata nodded.

"I know, and when the time comes, I will gladly stand down and go back to Mexico" Renata sighed.

"What? What are you talking about? Are you gonna bail on us?" Paul asked suddenly.

"All packs have a shaman, Paul" Renata told him, going to the kitchen for dishes, "your pack is still new so there was no need for a shaman, but like all of you, her instincts will kick in eventually and she will have to assume her role in the pack. When that happens, I will have to let her assume her power and I will leave so no conflict arises, you cannot have two shamans at the same time" Renata explained.

"Wait, so if a shaman appears, you will have to go?" Jared asked confused.

"No, Jared, when she discovers her powers, I will be there to teach her, and then I will go back home" Renata told them, avoiding to look at their eyes.

"Renata, this is your home" Emily told her, placing her hand on Renata's back.

"Thank you, Emily, but fate is written. She is destined to be part of the pack, that much I know. I don't know when, though" Renata told them.

"Wait, you know who the shaman is?" Sam asked her, it was the first time he spoke, mostly because he already knew what Renata had told them.

"Yes, I do. Her energy is really strong and unique. I don't know how you don't feel her, honestly" Renata chuckled, "well, aren't you all going to eat?" Renata asked them, as she raised her head and saw that their diners were untouched.

"Renata..." Paul started, searching her eyes but she closed them and shook her head.

"Paul, the food is getting cold and I won't stand up to microwave it if you complain" Renata said and took her fork, started eating the pasta her and Emily had done.

All the boys looked at one another, unsure of what Renata meant. They all loved her and she was part of their family, they didn't want her to go, ever, they didn't care if the other shaman took years to learn, when the time came, they were sure they'd try to stop Renata from leaving.

They were all taken out of their thoughts when Renata's phone started ringing. They all looked at her, she was smiling at her phone. Renata apologised and got up to answer.

"Hey" Renata said once she was outside.

"Hey, are you okay?" It was Jacob's voice, and he sounded worried.

"Yeah, my brother was just having a tantrum" Renata told him and chuckled.