Chapter 34

When Renata woke up, Jacob was not in the room. She stretched out, feeling her back cracking, and put on one of Jacob's hoodies that were in the little sofa in front of his TV. It was really big on her and she absolutely loved it, not only for its size but that it had Jacob's smell in it, fresh pine and car oil, it was probably not the best smell in the world but it was Jacob's,  and that was more than enough for Renata. She went out of the room and found Jacob in the kitchen.

"Hey" Renata said softly.

"Hi, Ren" Jacob turned to look at her, smiling. He kissed her quickly and put a plate in front of her, "my dad went to check on Charlie, so I made breakfast"

"Breakfast? That sounds good" Renata smiled sheepishly.

"I wanted to make pancakes but there were no eggs, so I'm making the second best thing I can do" Jacob smiled at Renata, building up the surprise factor.

"Are you gonna tell me or are you gonna make me wait all day?" Renata laughed.

"Well..." Jacob turned around and grabbed two bowls from the stove. He turned to Renata again, with two bowls of cereal in his hands, "cereal with milk" Jacob smiled at her as he put the bowl in front of her.

"Ay, ¡me encanta!" Renata laughed as Jacob poured the milk into the cereal, "cereal with milk is elite breakfast"

Jacob sat next to her. She ate her cereal slowly, and felt a tag of guilt, she had not told Jacob about what happened at Paul's house with his dad, but she didn't want to worry him. Jacob seemed to sense her conflicting thoughts and feelings, because he grabbed her hand, making her flinch, and smiled softly at her, once she relaxed, she smiled back.

"I can sense something happened," he said, Renata went to open her mouth to tell him it was nothing, but Jacob shook his head and squeezed her hand, "you don't have to tell me what, I just want you to know that I'm here for you, whatever it is, I'm here at your side"  Renata leaned in and pressed her forehead against his and he closed the gap between their lips and kissed her quickly.

"Even when I don't shave my legs?" Renata said seriously first but then burst out laughing, Jacob snorted and laughed. He pulled Renata up from her chair so she was standing between his legs, and put his arms around her waist, she laced her fingers  around his neck, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Yes" he chuckled, "even when you don't shave your legs, pequeño cactus" Jacob said in a little bit of an accent.

"Shouldn't you be at school, Jacob?" Renata asked him, remembering it was Wednesday.

"Yeah, but since we were out looking for Bella so late, my dad said we should sleep" Jacob informed her, "but we don't have to sleep if you don't want to" he moved his eyebrows up and down suggestively. Renata pretended to think about it 

"Mmm, no" Renata laughed and hit Jacob lightly in the back of his head.

"It was worth the shot" Jacob shrugged. Renata rolled her eyes.

"What do you want to do today?" Renata asked him.

"Whatever you want to do, I'm not picky" Jacob shrugged. Renata smiled evily.

"It's around ten, we have seven hours"

"Why seven?"

"I'm gonna go camping with Leah for the remaining of the week" Renata told him.

"Can I come?" Jacob pouted.

"Nope, I promised Leah it would be just the two of us" Renata smiled at him, "just us girls in a four day long date" she joked, Jacob stuck his tongue out at her.