Chapter 16

Anatomy passed on quickly, she actually liked it and the teacher didn't make her go upfront and introduce herself, which was good. Next was English. Renata entered the room, there were only a few people there and everyone turned to look at her and started muttering among them. In that second, Renata became the most self conscious person ever. How did she look? Did she do something stupid? Did they see her trip over nothing on the way here? Renata just wanted tu turn around and leave, go back to La Push with the pack, she felt safe there, much safer than she did in that classroom with normal teenagers. As soon as the self consciousness started, it was overflowed by a wave of calmness. Renata took a deep breath and smiled, she knew why the calmness appeared.

"You were shaking like a Chihuahua" Jasper said to her ear, she laughed and shook her head, "c'mon, I won't let them bite you" Jasper put his arm around Renata and they walked to the middle of the classroom.

"Thanks Jasper" Renata told him as they sat down. People were still looking at them but not as obvious as before, Jasper was the second more intimidating after Emmet because of his serious demeanor and menacing looks, so they didn't want trouble with him.

"Of course, poppet" Jasper winked at her and Renata rolled her eyes.

"You too?" Renata asked, she already had so many nicknames at the Cullen's  it was hard to keep up with all of them.

"What? Everyone calls you something, I had to come up with something" Jasper said and Renata pushed him lightly and they both laughed.

"Good morning, class" the teacher entered the room and greeted them. She was a middle aged woman with glasses, she seemed nice enough, "I hope you had a nice summer but we are starting where we left off last year. Firstly, it seems we have a new student, where are you, dear?" The teacher, whose name was Mrs. Coll asked. Everyone turned to look at Renata, she had no other choice but raise her hand.

"It's me" Renata said simply.

"Well, come here, dear. Introduce yourself please" Mrs. Coll said and Renata forced a smile and walked to the front of the room.

"My name is Renata, I'm from Mexico and I moved here to spend time with my brother" Renata lied again. Ha! As if she was going to say the truth.

"Who is your brother, dear?" The teacher asked her, since she didn't see any resemblance between her and the others.

"Uhm, Carlisle Cullen is my half brother" Renata lied again.

"Oh! Well, that is... quite a surprise, dear. Welcome to Forks, I'm sure everyone will make you feel right at home" Mrs. Coll said and smiled at Renata, who gave her a half smile back and returned to her seat. A boy at the back raised his hand and Mrs. Coll gave him the word.

"Mrs. Coll, how are we gonna make her feel at home? We don't have donkeys and we are actually civilized. Wouldn't it be best she went back to where she came from?" The boy said and laughed at Renata's and Mrs. Coll's expression.

"First day and you already earned detention, right Brad?" Mrs. Coll told him seriously, he laughed again, "apologize to Renata, Brad"

"I wanna start a fight" Renata told Jasper, who was trying hard to get Renata to calm down with his powers, uselessly.

"Renata, calm down..." Jasper muttered.

"Of course, Mrs. Coll" Brad said cynically, "uhm- yo estar uhm- sorry, yo no speak bean. Go back to where you came from, brown girl" Brad said and everyone gasped at his racist remarks.

Everyone knew he made racist comments here and there but he had never been so straight forward with anyone. Renata took a deep breath, licked her teeth and stood up and walked to him. Brad stood up, towering over her by a foot almost and at least doubling her weight. Renata took him by the collar of his shirt and strongly pulled him down to her height.

"Repeat yourself, I dare you" Renata told him through gritted teeth.

"Go back to where you came from, brownie" he said with a smile. What could a girl her size do to him? Renata smiled at him and from one moment to another, her face transformed into one of pure wrath. She grabbed his arm and turned around, and before anyone could say anything, Renata judo flipped Brad and while he was down, punched him in the nose, breaking it. She crunched down next to him and told someone to call the nurse.

"Now I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen, Brad, I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear what you said, I'm gonna pretend you are not a racist brat and you are gonna pretend you are not one. You are gonna pretend so well everyone will actually believe you are a decent human being... and you are going to be afraid, Brad. You are going to be veryafraid to stop pretending you are not racist because you don't know when I'll be watching you. Because if I see you treat someone different, talk about someone or even look at someone bad, I'm gonna hurt you very very bad, do you understand me, Brad?" Renata told him as sweetly as she could.

"Uhh..." Brad said, completely astonished about what just happened.

"Nod with your head if you understood, Brad" Renata told him, he quickly nodded.

Honestly, Jasper had never thought Renata could be so mortiferous. He was completely surprised by her, she had always seemed sweet to him, almost like a child that needed protection, but now Jaspet knew that if anyone didn't need protection was Renata. The Mexican girl had returned to her seat by the time the nurse came in. Mrs. Coll dismissed everyone, telling them class would begin tomorrow. Then she pulled Renata aside, telling her that she needed to give her detention for what she had done, even if she didn't want to 

"I know, I understand" Renata told her and she left to her next class, which she honestly wished was uneventful.

"What do you have now?" Jasper asked her.

"Art, what about you?"

"Same, with Rosalie, Edward and Bella... but we actually have like forty minutes left. What do you want to do" Jasper asked her, pushing her lightly.

"Can we go to the cafeteria? I'm starving!" Renata said dramatically and faked fainting, Jaspet caught her.

"You are always starving, c'mon, let's go" Jasper told her and walked with her to the cafeteria, needless to say, Renata actually jumped all the way to the cafeteria, she really loved food.

Once they were in the cafeteria, which was mostly empty, Renata's phone began to ring.

INCOMING CALL
JACOB

"Hey, can you ask for pancakes and chocolate milk?" Renata asked Jasper and he nodded, she send him a kiss, "thanks, you're a dear" Renata pressed answer as she smiled like dumb.

"Hey" Renata heard Jacob's warm voice over the phone.