Chapter 19

Five chapters in a week! Guys, I'm on fire!!!! Also the semester is over so I'll try to update as much as I can now that I have free time. Don't forget to check my other stories. Love you lots xoxo
-E

Renata knocked on Leah's room and she heard faint groaning inside.

"Leah, nena, it's me. I'm coming in" Renata told her and opened the door. Leah was inside the covers in her bed, looking pale and sweating, "I made you some soup, family recipe" Renata told her and Leah nodded. Renata helped the Quileute girl sit up and gave her the plate.

"Thanks" Leah said with a raspy voice, "I don't know what's happening to me, I've been vomiting and sweating cold all day, mom said I had fever at one point"

Renata kissed Leah's forehead, something her mom did to check on temperature, she said lips were more reliable than hands to check on someone's temperature. Leah was pretty warm and her lips looked dehydrated. Renata was worried for Leah, she could heal her but it would give her away. So she would have to stick with the traditional method.

"I'll go downstairs to check on Seth and make you something to hydrate yourself, finish your soup, I'll be here shortly" Renata told her and Leah nodded.

Renata went down stairs and sat with Seth for a couple minutes, checking on his homework. Seth told her about how cool it was that she was dating Jacob and told her that he wanted to date someone as cool as her. Renata just laughed at Seth, she found it sweet that he thought she was cool. Renata went to the kitchen and started making some serum to hydrate Leah. She made some lime water and added some salt to it. It didn't have the best taste but it would do the trick. After she finished, Renata returned to Leah's room, to see her half asleep, with the spoon un her hand. She was fighting to stay awake and when she blinked, Renata saw golden irises, the lights of the room were flickering.

It was happening.

"Leah, listen to me" Renata told her, taking the plate from her and pulling her close, cradling her in her arms, "sleep, Leah, sleep. Everything is okay, I am here" Renata's soothing voice and some effects of.her powers made Leah's eyes drop completely and fall asleep on Renata.

Renata laid Leah down and got her phone out, she quickly dialled Old Quil's phone. She paced around Leah's room, he wasn't answering. Renata was worried, not for Leah but for herself. If Leah had her powers' awakening it meant that her time with the pack was counted. She didn't want to leave them, she didn't want to leave Jacob.

"Hello?" Old Quil's voice was heard from the other side of the phone.

"Old Quil? It's Renata. I have a situation at the Clearwater's" Renata told him from Leah's walk-in closet.

"Is the boy phasing?" He asked quickly.

"No, it's Leah. Her powers are surfacing. What should I do? She's asleep now" Renata told him.

"I'll call Harry, tell him to go home. He'll be there as support for Leah and for you. When she wakes up, you need to tell her as good as you can what is happening to her but don't tell her just yet about the pack, you understand me?" Old Quil told her.

"Yes, sir. I'll see you soon" Renata told him and he hung up.

Renata saw Leah was getting fidgety so she laid down with her in the bed and hugged her close, mimicking Jasper's powers in a way, only that hers only worked on the pack and Leah this time. Renata got under the covers with Leah and tried to use her powers to calm her down. Not only did it calm Leah, it also made Renata fall asleep. Renata felt very protective of Leah, she knew how hard all the changes could be and she had had a whole tribe to explain and be with her through all the process, and she had seen her mother use her powers all her life, and Leah only had her. She wanted to protect Leah at all cost, she didn't want to fail her. While they were asleep, Seth went to check on them and smiled as she saw his sister so calm, all day she had been in pain and this was the first moment in which she wasn't. Harry arrived home while Seth was checking on them. He seemed worried, which worried Seth.

"What is it, Dad?" Seth asked him.

"Your mom told me your sister was sick. I was hoping to talk to her but... let them sleep for now." Harry smiled while seeing his daughter so peacefully asleep.

Harry would lie if he said that he wasn't afraid of Leah becoming a shaman. She was still his little girl and he didn't want to see her in danger. But he also knew that Renata would be able to keep her safe than he could at that moment, and one day, Leah wouldn't need anyone to protect her. Renata and Leah slept through the night, they had Sam tell Carlisle that Renata would stay there and depending on how Leah was feeling was whether she went to school or not. Carlisle understood that the pack was a priority for Renata.

The following morning Renata woke up at around five in the mornin, with half of her body hanging from Leah's bed. Leah was still asleep so she decided to go to the store and make breakfast. By the time she got back, it was seven in the morning and she could hear someone in the shower, probably Seth getting ready for school. With what Renata bought, she was able to do flour tortillas, since she couldn't find any corn flour. With the tortillas, Renata made quesadillas, enchiladas and huevos rancheros, so she also did salsa verde and roja, they had some chile for the flavour but not enough for it to be super spicy. By the time Harry and Sue went to the kitchen, breakfast was almost ready, Renata was just finishing the coffee and hot cocoa for Seth and Leah.

"Whoa! What happened here?" Sue exclaimed as she saw the whole kitchen full of Mexican food.

"Well, I did crash here without asking first, so..."

"You didn't have to do this, Renata, it is a pleasure for us to have you here" Sue told her.

"Eat before it gets cold, I'll check on Leah-" Renata started saying when they heard yelling from Leah's room, "Sue, get Seth out of the house, pronto. I don't want him here if something happens" Renata said and ran up the stairs at an incredible speed, "Leah!" Renata yelled as she tried to open the door, it was locked. Renata had to again use her powers and pushed the door open. Leah was sitting in fetal position in a corner of her room, which seemed to have barely survived a tornado.

"Renata?" Leah whimpered and looked up at Renata with golden eyes, "what is happening to me?" Renata looked back at her with golden eyes.

"You're okay, Leah, you're going to be okay and I'm gonna be with you all the steps of the way" Renata kneeled and put her hand in Leah's shoulder, who hugged and clung to Renata for dear life.