Chapter Seven

Tuesday, 12:02

Something was wrong.

Kacchan had felt that something was wrong the entire time he was here.

He felt out of place. Like he had accidentally stumbled into the drawing class when he was supposed to be in painting. Both were art, but something was different.

And this was going to sound kind of dumb, but he wasn't quite sure they were speaking English.

This was going to sound even odder, but he had lived in Japan for the entirety of his short life and everyone there spoke English instead of Japanese.

But here, everyone was speaking Japanese and Japanese only.

He had picked up Japanese sort of seeing as he practically was raising himself and he often needed a way to order food by himself.

Izuku had shown him a picture of supposedly him, young Izuku, and younger/older him. But he didn't have an older brother...

And Kacchan just couldn't shake the feeling that he did not belong here.

___________

**********

When Inko got a call from her son saying that she should be careful around this girl he used to like she was surprised.

Whenever she used to come over she seemed so sweet, she was a good influence on Izuku. What was her name? Uraraka?

She and her son would have made a nice couple, it would be stable, normal, and expected.

They would most likely be the picture-perfect family. Nice, rich husband, loving wife, beautiful kids, nice house and cars, good jobs, all that jazz.

And it would've been amazing, she is guaranteed, beautiful grandchildren.

That was why it was a tremendous, unpleasant surprise to her when he told her he was bi.

I mean liking girls AND boys?

What a shame.

She wished he had told her sooner, otherwise, she wouldn't have already made plans for his future.

Because for her son's whole life she really, really thought that he was gay.

Inko had never eavesdropped on her son or invaded his privacy, but it was and had been painfully obvious ever since he was a child.

Her son was head over heels for Katsuki. So she prepared accordingly for their obvious upcoming marriage.

They probably wouldn't even need to date,

Katsuki could just randomly one day at four a.m. show up at her house pounding on the door and get on one knee and Izuku would still say yes without even a thought.

Inko had been prepared.

She had looked for houses for hero families in a protected area, she had looked for trusted adoption centers and pregnancy quirk doctors if they were interested in a more natural pregnancy, daycares for hero children. Inko had left no stone unturned.

So she was a little miffed when her son sprung on her that he liked girls too, but no matter, she didn't love him any less or more.

Just meant more planning for her.

But to be honest, seeing how her son and Katsuki looked at each other she probably wouldn't need to change any plans.

They might as well already be married for all she knew.