The Baby and the Boy

Alright folks, I'M BACK!!! Okay so this chapter can get a bit confusing, so here are the details. As you've probably noticed, time in this story is pretty ambiguous. The timeline between Katsuki and Izuku doesn't line up. You may have caught in the last chapter that time works differently, he hasn't even noticed all the years he's spent in the white abyss. I will mention at some point in the chapter something that links the two storylines, so if you catch it, you'll know where Katsuki is at that particular time.

This chapter escalates like it really escalates, and I will be throwing clues around since we are nearing the end of the story. If you feel as though the story is progressing too quickly, let me know in the comments! If you don't want to announce it to the general public, let me know in my private messages!

Anywho, let's get into it!

- Your African American Author

Izuku could see nothing but pitch darkness and the thumping in his head. He wondered if it were possible to see the world thumping along with his brain, which seemed to be expanding and trying to escape through his eyes and ears.

When Izuku's vision cleared he saw nothing at all. Or at least, it felt like nothing. He was standing in a vast emptiness, void of all colors and sounds.

Then Izuku saw him.

He was a five year old, and then a sixteen year old, then an eighteen year old, and then a 26 year old. Each time it switched a dull noise became louder and more violent.

Izuku wanted to step forward, but couldn't. They were crying and switching so quickly that they became a blur. The roaring in Izuku's ears was so loud that he wanted to clutch them. The thing was screaming now, mouth wide open harshly shouting something at Izuku.

Then there was silence, and the person inhaled. And then they screamed, the raw emotion behind it made Izuku's heart ache.

"HELP ME!" They screamed.

The world itself seemed to crack and pop, and the roaring reached its climax, and Izuku's head split.

And then there was nothing.

Nothing at all.

Izuku woke up to the sound of his own heartbeat thundering in his chest. He looked over at his alarm clock and saw it blinking at 2:37.

Izuku thought he felt something and looked at his lap and gasped.

Bright red eyes stared straight into his.

Izuku's heartbeat quickened.

"K-Kac-"

The little boy smiled before putting his finger to his lips in a shushing motion.

Izuku closed his eyes and wiped them with his hands. When he opened them, the little boy was gone.

He sighed and turned back around to go asleep.

It was just in his head.

"Deku! DEKU! IZUKU!"

Izuku woke up to two brown eyes staring into his own.

"Thank God." She huffed, "I swear you sleep like the dead. I was asking you whether or not you're going to work toda-"

"No." Izuku snapped. Both his and Ochaco's eyes widened in shock.

Ochaco paused before saying "No?"

"No" Izuku repeated softly before rolling over and closing his eyes.