Fairy Godfather

"Ch!"

"Kchn!"

"Kacchan!"

Katsuki looked up to see something blocking the sun.

Bright emerald eyes staring down into his own was the first thing his brain processed.

They were different shades of green, a million shades grabbed from a paint bucket and thrown together at once. It was so chaotic, so strange. They were so beautiful.

The boy blocked out the sun causing a glow of white to surround him, and Katsuki found himself unable to focus on anything other than this ethereal being. Katsuki's heart was roaring in his ears, a rhythmic thump in his ears. It was so loud that he couldn't hear what the boy was saying to him.

His brain finally caught up to the rest of the world and it when it clicked, he sucked in a quick breath when he realized that this person was his best friend.

He knew that this was Izuku.

But then, why was his heart still pounding?

Why was his stomach churning?

Why was he feeling like this?

What was wrong with him?

Katsuki's eyes trailed to the hand in front of him and he stared at it dumbly.

That's when it dawned on him. This sickly feeling wasn't his fault. It was Izuku's. This was his fault.

Katsuki ignored the twist in his chest when he slapped the hand away. The very hand that would always come back to him. No matter how many times he rejected it, burned it, or cursed it.

Katsuki ignored the writhing in his stomach every time he thought of the other boy.

He ignored it.

Because whatever he was feeling was wrong.

It was wrong.

He couldn't feel this way.

If only...If only Katsuki knew what the feeling was.

Katsuki was five years old when he fell twice.

One was off a log.

And the other for his best friend.

Katsuki Bakugou woke up numb.

Numb and alone.

Again.

That may have been what made him sit up straight and flex his muscles, and continue his trek. The fact that he was alone.

He didn't like being alone.

Katsuki allowed himself to look around and strained his eyes as they focused on nothing. He was walking in pitch blackness, the only thing that kept him moving was the fact that he was so completely and utterly alone.

When Kaito died he was alone.

When she began to beat and scream he was alone.

When his father ran away Katsuki was left alone.

When he was chained to a podium like some sort of animal he was alone.

When the butterflies came he was alone.