Headaches and Prison Breaks

Izuku woke up and felt like crying.

His head freaking hurt.

Well, maybe hurt wasn't the word he was looking for.

He felt as if his head was a drum, and someone was playing the drum, and Izuku didn't care that he was being played because he didn't know that he was being used as an instrument. But he found out that he wasn't a person, but a drum, and as suddenly as his transformation from human to drum, he began to feel each bang and thump.

But he was probably thinking too hard.

"Deku?"

Oh God, I can't deal with her right now. That's ridiculous, I'm a terrible husband, I just need a nap.

Izuku's head pulsed and he groaned in pain.

"MEI, can you call in sick for me?" Izuku said, his voice muffled by his pillow. "Yes, would you like me to call the doctor as well?" MEI replied smoothly.

"No," Izuku sighed, "I'm sure I can sleep this off."

Izuku didn't see because his head was stuffed in his pillow, but Ochaco frowned and pouted. "Are you sure you want to take a day off? Iida doesn't take the day off."

Izuku sighed again before asking, "Which Iida, Shouto or Tenya?"

Ocahco grimaced slightly before replying, "Tenya."

Izuku looked at her and said, "Yeah, but his work schedule is lighter than mine."

"Well, why is that? Why isn't your schedule lighter?"

Izuku sighed and massaged his forehead, "Ochaco, we've talked about this. I don't have any reason or ability to have a light schedule."

"Well then-"

"He makes sure he has enough time for his daughter, and he takes vacations. I don't have that luxury to make my schedule that lax." Izuku said, his voice beginning to waver.

Ochaco's frown deepened and she began to protest again, but Izuku had already turned off the light.

Izuku woke up feeling even worse than in the morning. He felt like his head was going to kill him.

He tried to get up to eat, but his legs gave up from underneath him.

"Oh, God." He moaned and shakily got back into his bed.

He was tired again.

So tired that he didn't hear the conversation in the other room.

"Mino, I'm so confused right now, and I'm beginning to get angry," Ochaco said in a low voice.

"Midoriya, I don't know how to explain this better. Something is interfering with the quirk, and my head is killing me. We should call off this plan, I'm sure he loves you any-"

"No, you stupid cunt, keep him under." Ochaco snapped.

"Whore, I've never kept someone under my quirk, I've barely even used it, I'm only doing this because I'm getting paid and you make nii-san happy."

"I'm not asking you to choose. I'm telling you to keep him under."

"Midoriya, I'M telling YOU that I don't know what the consequences will be if I keep him under. Look, my head feels like it's going to split and you're not helping me right now. All I'm saying is that something is violently tearing him from me and one of us is going to pay the price."

Ochaco was so deep in her conversation that she didn't see Izuku whimper and didn't see Izuku glow.

The telltale sign that Mino's brother's quirk was in action.