twenty-six

right now, they are both in front of seungkwan's front yard. the older was nervous to ring the doorbell so hansol just did it. he rang the doorbell a few times and now they hear the door's lock clicking. the moment that seungkwan hears every door lock, it's like someone's stabbing his heart.

"are you expecting someone, sojeong? i don't have any package to arrive today" it was seungkwan's eldest sister, jinseol. "who are y- seungkwan!?"

"hi noona" seungkwan greeted and suddenly he was attacked by his sister. "h-hey it's too tight!"

"mom! dad! sojeong!!! seungkwan's here!" jinseol shouted and you can hear them running towards the door. "he's with someone!"

"noona please stop shouting. our neighbors will throw rocks on our roof if you keep on screaming like that" seungkwan stated and he grabbed hansol's hand and dragged him inside. "i have my co-member with me and you're embarrassing me"

"seungkwan why didn't you tell me that you're going home? you're also with someone? i did not prepare anything for you guys" his mom said and hansol just bowed at her. "oh my. you're friend looks so handsome. where did you even met him. you look like a foreign-

"now you recognize him mom? trust me i was more surprised than you were. he's one of our members and i don't know what happened to the universe but yeah, we met again" seungkwan answered and he saw how his two older sisters giving him a look, as if they were saying that something's happening between the both of them.

"oh my gosh you're so tall now! i did not even recognized you. now that i see it, you haven't changed at all! the last time i see you, you were so small and your curly bouncy hair" seungkwan's mom said that made hansol blush.

"you're hansol, right? who rejected my brother-

"boo sojeong shut it will you? you might make hansol uncomfortable. it's all in the past and they're young that time. they might probably be super close friends now. so tell me, why bring hansol here?" jinseol asked them while only looking at hansol's way.

"actually there is a reason why i came here. but i wanted to be honest on the first time we met again. we weren't really on good terms. we're always fighting and i kinda said something harsh to seungkwan that i immediately regretted. seungkwan is really kind and i felt guilty because he never missed a day that he did not worry about me yet we always end up fighting. i came here with him to apologize to you" hansol stated and everyone was just confused at what he said.

"apologize? for what? i mean, you guys are okay now right? he will not bring you back here if you're still not on good terms" sojeong replied and hansol nervously chuckled at himself.

"partly, it was my fault that seungkwan did not go home" hansol answered and seungkwan looked at him—surprised. "i ran away from home last year and i decided to go back here in korea on my own. i am not on good terms with my family because they want me to be like them. i can't continue my studies and not do what i've always dreamed of. even now, they still don't know where i am. seungkwan knew about this and because i don't have anywhere to go when they gave us our vacation, seungkwan stayed with me"

"are you aware that my son is gay?" seungkwan's dad suddenly spoke up and everyone was surprised about the sudden question.

"y-yes sir. i'm aware about it ever since we're in middle school" hansol answered nervously and seungkwan's dad smirked at him.

"so what you think about it? is it okay for you to be with gay? i mean, no offense but you'll be living together from now on. might as well we know that he's not being left behind just because he's gay. which i know is a very normal thing for us people but others choose to be closed minded" seungkwan wanted to cry. never in his life he received a bad treatment from his family and now that he's hearing how proud his dad to him even though he's gay, makes him wanna hug all of them.

"like what you said, s-sir. being gay is just normal. who am i to judge a person just because of their sexuality? for me, personality is what's important when you look at a certain person. regardless of the gender, everyone deserves to be respected in every ways. i taught myself that everyone has a different views and perspective, what you can only do as a person, is to respect their beliefs" hansol answered and seungkwan smiled at him. he was proud that the younger was able to change in a small amount of time.

"good answer. as expected from you. did you know that i see your parents from you right now? both of them have this crazy personality where in they won't stop not unless the get what they want. that's why they ended up together, having you while we're in college. i studied as an exchange student in new york and that's where i met them. i'm probably the reason why you moved back here in jeju because your mom wanted to visit here and they ended up staying. you think they won't search for the whole world when you left home? maybe they're just as proud as i am right now seeing you pursuing your dreams instead of wasting your life. maybe give your parents a call and tell them you're here with us"

it did not only shocked hansol that his parents and seungkwan's dad were best friends but the part that he was mad because he thought his parents doesn't care about him at all. where in fact, they already supported him in what he wanted to do in life.