forty-two

it's been a year when soonyoung and jihoon started to get close. soonyoung confessed his feelings to jihoon and the younger said yes. he accepted soonyoung's love and they were dating for 5 months now. but one thing the older was worrying about. he overthinks that maybe he forced jihoon into their relationship and he was the only one loving this set up. he can see how close the younger towards other members but he wasn't given any attention and he was missing the younger so much.

at first they were okay, talking about normal stuffs. what to do on this day, where to have a date, where to hide in award shows so that they can hug each other but now it feels different. it's only 5 months but soonyoung was already worrying about things he shouldn't have and it's also stressing him out.

"jihoon? are you there?" soonyoung called out and he saw jihoon working on music. "i'm sorry i didn't know you were working!"

"what is it, soonyoung?" jihoon coldly asked and the older was surprised. "i'm busy and i'm stressed out. just tell me what you want"

soonyoung took all of the courage he have and took a deep breath. he have to say it or else, he won't have the chance.

"i know you're stressed out about work and also stressed out because of me. i'm really sorry for that. i just wanted to say that... it's my fault that you were stuck up into this relationship that i may be forced on you. i want you to focus on your work and maybe i'll focus on mine. l-let's take a break" finally, soonyoung said it. he was thinking about this for a while now and he was relieved that he already opened this topic.

"what this is about now? why are you saying that? did i do something wrong? what?" jihoon was surprised to hear that from soonyoung. so he stopped and turned around to see soonyoung, expressionless and he looks tired.

"you did not do anything wrong. i just feel like i'm forcing you to be my boyfriend. i don't want it. i don't want to be the only one liking this relationship. i'm deeply sorry, jihoon. i love you and i can't do this anymore. don't worry! i totally understand that you also want to end this. please continue working. i'll be leaving. i need to practice the new choreography they taught me for the group. thank you for staying with me for 5 months. i promise nothing will change between us. let's just go back to normal"

with that, soonyoung left the studio with tears on his eyes. how can he even work after this? he was deeply hurt and he can't imagine being friends with jihoon again after loving him so much. but what can he do? they are band mates and he did this. he confessed and gave jihoon a responsibility.

he then just made his way to their dorm to get his things inside jihoon's room since he was forcing the younger to sleep with him and end up just sleeping in his room.

"hyung? are you okay?" dino asked when he saw soonyoung's puffy eyes. "were you crying?"

"y-yes" then soonyoung broke down, he hugged dino and started to sob. "i broke up with him, dino"

"you did what!? why?" dino asked but then he realized that he knows why the older did that. "oh i'm sorry for asking. it's okay hyung. everything will be fine"

-

after crying his eyeballs out, he made his way inside jihoon's room with a bag. his clothes and some other stuffs that he left out was scattered on the bedside table. he smiled at the memories they have inside that room and he took their picture frame together, putting it inside his bag.

"leave that picture frame. that's mine" he froze when he heard jihoon's voice. he wanted to cry but then he maintained calm, not giving the younger his attention.

"no i will take that too. i was the one who bought this frame and printed this picture. you won't need this one" soonyoung answered but he heard sobs in reply so he immediately turned around to see jihoon crying.

"you are so fucking selfish! how could you even say that to me? after everything you did! after every sweet words and promises, you're going to break it off to me? i was waiting for you! but you never showed up and now that you finally decided to meet me, you're going to break up with me? do you even know how hard it is for me to give you cold shoulders? you don't realize anything at all! i thought you understand me, i thought you know me so well! you only think about your feelings!"

soonyoung's eyes widened when he heard jihoon saying everything he feels. why is he so dumb?

"you think i am forced to this fucking relationship? i said yes because i am in love with you! the only thing i want you to do is to stay by my side!" now that he realized it, jihoon was not the type of person to be good at expressing his feelings and he thought soonyoung knows that now.

soonyoung then sat on jihoon's bed. not knowing what to say. he was crying but he can't believe he's being insensitive and immature.

"d-don't break up with me" jihoon then hugged him and he was surprised. "i-i can't"

"i'm sorry jihoon" that's the only thing he replied and he hugged back. "i won't break up with you anymore"

"i hate you" jihoon muttered and soonyoung just pat his back.

"i know, jihoon. i know" he answered. "i love you too"