twenty-eight

[hello? who is this?]

when hansol finally heard that voice, tears started to fall down to his cheeks. he doesn't care anymore if seungkwan will hear him crying. he did not answer and he just lets the tears flow down.

[hello? who is this??]

"mom"

[h-hansol? oh my gosh!]

hansol then heard a loud sobs on the line and it just made him cry more. he missed his family. he can't just show it but he envy seungkwan. the way they were so close to each other makes hansol wanna think of going home and maybe just obey his parents.

[baby it took you so long to reach out to us. how are you? are you doing okay? do you have a house to sleep in? a food to eat? do you need money? tell me please]

"mom i'm fine. i'm completely fine. you don't have to worry"

[hansol appa! hangyeol! come over here! hansol's on the line!]

[what? oppa called us?!]

[let me talk to him honey. i want to tell him something]

"hey dad"

[hansol are you okay? where are you right now?]

"i'm living in seoul, dad. but right now i'm at jeju. mr. and mrs. boo's residence to be exact"

[i don't get it. what are you doing back there?]

"you know i told you about what i want to do right? i kinda got in a good company and i debuted as a rapper, just like what i want. mrs. boo's son, seungkwan was my co-member and he invited me over here"

[oh thank god! i was waiting for you to call everyday and i didn't expect it to be today. thank you for calling us, hansol. everything that you do, i support you. we will never force you into anything that you don't like but please promise me you'll go back here in new york to meet us. i'm so glad you're fine]

"don't worry mom, i'll get back there as soon as we get our next vacation. promise. but right now, i have to go. i'm here with seungkwan and i... i have to go"

[okay dear. don't forget to call us from now on. i love you so much]

"i love you guys"

as soon as hansol ended the call, his knees melted down and he felt like a thorn was pulled out of his chest. after a long time hiding and keeping the pain inside him, it was already gone.

"you know that crying really helps us to feel better, right? i didn't mean to eavesdrop but you did a good job for calling them" seungkwan suddenly said and hansol stood up, wiping his face.

then without a doubt, hansol walked towards seungkwan and hugged him as tight as he could. he could not take it anymore. he have to let it all out for him to be completely fine.

"it's okay, hansol. you did great. you'll be fine too. just... just let it out" seungkwan on the other hand was a little surprised for hansol's sudden move so he was trying to let go of him slowly.

"can we please stay like this for a moment?" seungkwan melted by the way hansol begged for their hug to last. "thank you for being here, seungkwan"

this is the second time! it's even worse! do y'all think i won't fall in love with him if he's like this? now it's not my fault that i like him. it's his!

after hansol was finally okay, they decided to lay on the bed to have a rest. they were awkwardly lying down side by side while staring on the ceiling.

"seungkwan can i ask you something?" hansol finally broke down the silence and the older automatically gave him a look.

"yeah ask me anything. what is it?" seungkwan replied and it took a few seconds before he could even ask.

"h-how did you know that you were.... you know... gay" it was a little awkward but he still managed to ask the older.

"oh me? maybe because i never once took interest about girls? i liked them because they were cute and almost all of my friends were girls but all i could give them was being friends. of course there a lot of girls who came to me and you know, flirting and stuffs but i don't feel like i need to reciprocate what they were doing and that's when i asked myself. is this normal? like... i just don't feel anything when i'm with them. that's when i noticed you. for the first time, i'm interested to a person. i thought that i was abnormal but then when i told myself that i'm attracted to you, i was scared for real. because it's not the normal thing i know. the normal for me is girls and boys only as a partner. there is no such thing as boy and boy"

hansol then nodded at him, signaling that he got what seungkwan was referring to. "i told my sisters about this and they called our parents to tell them and they said i was not abnormal. liking people is normal, regardless of the sexuality you have. so i kinda tested myself and i tried to confess to you. if you accepted me, of course i will be happy but if you rejected me, what would i feel? is liking you not just a phase of getting confused? but yeah when you rejected me, i acted cool about it. when i got home i cried all night and i promised myself i'll be the better version of myself so you could notice me but when the next day came, you were gone"

"actually i never told anyone about this but i did rejected you because it was unusual for me to have a boy confess their feelings to me and that's the only reason. i mean, i'm used to every girls' scream, every letters and every confession and i was taken aback when you told me you liked me. i spatted nonsense back then. i said i'm straight and i just liked pretty girls? that's absurd! i never once liked anyone my whole life, how am i sure that i only like pretty girls? i was even scared of them because they keep on giving me a disgusting look. i hated it for real. though i was happy too, that we finally talked because of your confession and i was ready to hang out with you the next day but unfortunately we had to go back to new york"

both of them shared everything they've experienced when they were separated and seungkwan's room was just filled with laughters and giggles coming out from them until they finally drifted to sleep.