21

Natasha was leaning her back on the up-going elevator's wall with Steve standing just on her left. The top of her red sundress was mostly covered with a hoodie of his that she had grabbed before heading out of his room. He was wearing a navy blue button down shirt with a pair of tight jeans. They were headed to the hotel's restaurant to join the others for dinner, but had to get their mission report to Maria before hand, thus Steve holding a file in his right hand. The left one was dropped next to his body, occasionally brushing Natasha's.

 She smiled as his hand, once again, brushed hers. Natasha wasn't the type to get physically clingy, including wanting to hold hands all the time, but she could tell Steve was the exact opposite. He was the type who wanted to be physically attached to his partner, even as friends or teammates she already knew that and now that they were going to start something serious, she had to get used to this side of him. It didn't bother her though, she wasn't one to express her feelings in words, she'd rather get physical too. Not in a clingy way, in a more passionate manner of course, and she knew it was going to be hard for Steve to get used to that, if ever. 

Natasha  was pulled out of her thoughts when Steve moved slightly away from her. Natasha frowned and turned her gaze on the now open doors to see what had gotten into him. To her surprise, she was met with Tony, Pepper and Maria standing there.

"Hey there Capsicle, didn't see you at the beach." Tony nonchalantly stated while stepping inside the elevator next to Pepper and Maria. 

Steve smiled and turned his focus on Maria "I was gonna bring the file to you." Maria nodded and reached her hand for him to hand her the file. "It's fine." She gave him a lopsided smile. 

"You know, I've never really seen her smile like this much before." He whispered to Natasha who only smirked "Oh she's got a whole other side to her.". She gave him a side glance. 

Tony caught Steve's attention with a soft cough "Barns isn't so bad, I think I can learn to live with him." He was staring straight at the doors that were about to open in any seconds "he can move in the compound, if you want." He finished just as the doors moved aside and walked out whilst holding Pepper's hand. 

Steve's lips formed a wide smile, showing his white teeth. Natasha couldn't help herself but smile at his sight as Maria walked out. She hadn't been paying much attention to the little chitchat as she'd been going through the file Steve had handed her. 

Natasha pulled Steve's hand and walked him out before the doors would close again. He was just too happy to notice anything. They followed Maria to were the rest of the team, including Tony and Pepper, was seated, to find a round table with only three seats available, one between Sam and Pepper which Maria walked to and sat down, causing Sam to grin. The other two were next to each other, the only problem was they were between Sharon and Wanda. Natasha didn't want to sit next to Sharon, but she also didn't want Steve to take that seat either. So when Steve pulled out the chair next to Wanda for her to sit down she was reluctant to take it. She sighed as she sat down, feeling Sharon's gaze on her. Steve sat next to her while greeting Sharon. 

Wanda took Natasha's hand and gave it a soft squeeze and leaned closer to whisper in her ear "She won't say anything rude about you to him, she's smarter than that." Natasha gave her a confused look "I saw how you were ignoring him last night, so I looked into your head." She smiled victoriously. 

"I thought you weren't supposed to do that!" Natasha smiled.

 "Well, I'm nosy, watcha gonna do?" 

Both of them let out a soft laugh and Steve turned to look at them, "What's going on?" He asked them with a smile, his eyes fixed on Natasha's face as she laughed and her eyes sparkled. The two shook their heads and turned their focus on the menus as Clint started to nag about being hungry. Lila and Cooper were seated between their parents, both looking a bit sleepy.