35

"You're pregnant!"

Natasha had zoned out the second she'd heard Cho's words.
She missed Steve's gasp and the excited "are you sure?" that followed or the "but how can that be?".

She missed how Cho explained his serum seemed to have inactivated the inhibitor that was built in with her serum.

She didn't hear Steve ask about the sterilization and Cho's elucidation that halfway through, Steve realized he had no idea what she was saying and she decided to simplify it for him; telling him her serum and the chemical substance injected to her in the sterilizing ceremony acted as birth control substances that could've only been inactivated by the super soldier serum, in case they wanted her to have a child with one of their super soldiers. Steve was happy, amused and thrilled.

Yeah, she missed it all.

Her mind was clouded with the idea of a human being growing in her body, her arms unconsciously wrapping around her abdomen.

She remembered one of the men in a lab coat telling Ivan that the plan was already in proceed and she panicked at the idea of the kidnapping being a plan to let Alexi have his way with her only to get her pregnant.
To make a soldier with just the right DNA.

"Nat! Natasha!" She was pulled out of her thoughts by Steve's worried voice and gave him an absent look.

"Hey, you ok?" He had been trying to get her attention but she seemed too deep in thoughts.
Natasha looked between Cho and Steve, her eyes starting to glisten and breathing speeding up.

Steve took a fright at her state and cupped her face in both hands, thumbs soothing her cheeks "What's going on, Nat?" Natasha's lips quivered and she pushed herself off his laps, making Steve tense.

"Nat" he breathed out weakly "Are you... are you not ok with this?"
He hadn't realized Natasha might not share the same excite.

She looked directly at Cho, a lump growing in her throat "Are you sure?" She mumbled and Cho nodded with a smile. "Bu-but how?"

Cho looked at Steve, deciding she should give them some alone time, "I trust you'll tell her everything, captain." It was more a question than an answer that Steve replied with "I'll try my best" and with that been said, she was leaving them with light but fast steps.

Steve stared at Natasha, watching her for any reaction or for her to say something but her expression was unreadable and refused to look him in the eyes. He let out a breath, deciding he couldn't take it any longer.

"You don't want this," He sounded hurt and that got Natasha to finally meet his eyes and he watched a lone tear drop "I can't believe it"
She chocked out "I'm pre-pregnant?"
She needed to hear it again and Steve granted her "Yes. You're pregnant and you're going to be a mother."

Natasha curled her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to him, her lips curving to a smile that made Steve's eyes shine.
"Come on, let's get you back to your room".
He helped her up and walked them out the med bay.

The two of them got to their floor with Steve protectively wrapping his arms around Natasha's delicate figure and Natasha clinging to Steve.

(+14)
He walked her to his apartment and she didn't seemed bothered about it.
Walking in his apartment and straight to the bedroom, he only stopped as he closed the bedroom door, turning her around and pulling her to himself, his lips crashing hers in a deep passionate kiss.