2

"No, don't"

" don't come close"

"LET ME GO"

Steve woke up to furious screaming, without a second of hesitation he turned around and sat up in the bed, pulling Natasha into his embrace.

"Nat, wake up. It's a nightmare "

He caressed Nat's hair, whispering in her ear" it's okay Nat, wake up. Please wake up honey."

She seemed to be relaxing, she slowly opened her eyes, looking up at Steve.

"Hey, it's alright, I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you."

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, putting her hands around him. She held him tight but Steve wasn't new to this side of her. Whenever she had nightmares, she would hold tight to him, making sure he was there and wouldn't leave her.

"You not gonna let me go to the party, are you?" She asked him, knowing she had spoken in her sleep.

"You need to rest, we'll talk tomorrow." He slid to his side, pulling Nat to himself, and rested her head on his shoulder. "Sleep Tasha." He said while smiling at her.

She was looking at him, the smile calmed her, he would only call her Tasha when he wanted to make her feel safe. Only Clint would call her Tasha, he didn't want to overstep their friendship; but at times like this, he felt reminding her about Clint would calm her down. Little did he know, he had more effect than anything or anyone else.

She didn't say anything, she pulled herself up in his embrace, resting her head on the crook of his neck, exhaling deeply, she felt safe.

••✦❤️🕷❤️✦••

Everything felt cold. Natasha turned around and reached her hand trying to grab a hold of Steve but nothing. She opened her eyes to search around the bedroom. On the right side of the bed, was a wide balcony facing the entrance to the room, the left side led to the walking closet. She sat up and looked at the door on the right side, the bathroom. No sound.

She got up, walked to the door, and knocked once. Nothing.

She walked in, brushed her teeth, and washed up while thinking about how to get Steve to agree with her leaving for the party alone.

She stepped out of the room, stepped towards the stairs, and climbed them down, her footsteps light and soundless.

As she reached the floor, she looked at the kitchen only to find it empty.

On the right side of the steps, was the dining room, with a wide window facing the small front yard. In front of the dining room was the kitchen, left side of the steps was a wide living room from the front yard window to the backyard patio, at the end of the living room, they had placed a desk and a small bookshelf, that was Steve's favorite spot of the living room. Beside that was a red velvet chair that was Natasha's. Steve had placed it close to his desk, so they'd spend as much time as possible with each other. Both sides of the house had big wide windows.

She turned left to search the living room but before she had turned fully to left, the open door to the backyard's patio caught her attention.

As Natasha walked to the door, Steve appeared to be sitting next to a tree, going through files. He felt a stare, looked up, and saw Natasha moving toward him. Got up, gathered his files as she reached the door, and walked back to the patio.

On the patio, there was a table with four sits. He pulled one back and gestured for her to sit.

As she sat down, without a word he put some papers in front of her which meant he wanted her to read them, he put his hand over her shoulder and slightly squeezed it. Then he disappeared inside.

Natasha knew he wasn't going to agree with her. She sighed and started to read the reports Sam had sent over.

"Here, we're out of maple syrup."

" thank you, I would've starved without you." She took a sip of the hot coffee and inhaled the smell of pancakes, smiling at her company.

Steve started. " I know you're tired, I know I can't change your mind about the party, but you are not going alone."

but..."

"no buts Nat, I'm coming with you to check the party, then we'll make an excuse about me having to leave early, I'll leave the party and I'll be at the restaurant on the next street. I'll give you half an hour and then come back; okay?"

She looked at him, his eyes looked tired, black shadows beneath them, it was obvious he had stayed up late after she had fallen asleep.

" give me one hour and a half, please." She said while wondering how to make her moves.

"One hour." His tone was stern. "I'll come home, if you're not here, I'll come there and look for you. I don't care what happens to the mission, I will not risk you "

She felt safe, she was thankful for all the faith in the universe that he was her partner.

" I'll be back, but, the party invitation said it's from six-thirty to ten but we know he's gonna keep partying till midnight so we have to get there late, around eight, if you leave at nine thirty we should be fine."

He frowned as she explained the plan, he hated leaving her until midnight, but he'd rather comply than her hiding her plan, which would happen if he disagreed with it all.

" Nat, tell me what you're going to do."

" I'm gonna let him seduce me."

Steve's eyebrows shot up.

"What??"