12

Natasha's POV

Ted slowly moved towards us, he held a smile on his face but me being the Black Widow, the spy, I knew it was fake and he was hiding confusion behind it.

" hey, their neighbors," he said as he reached our booth.

Steve offered him his hand which he took, then turned around and greeted the others each with a handshake as Steve introduced them to him, whilst keeping his hand on my waist.

" and the lovely lady" Ted leaned down and kissed my cheek. He was trying to make Steve mad and jealous, which of course, worked. He pulled me closer to him.

" hey, handsome." I placed a hand on Ted's arm, giving him a wide grin.

" man she still doing that?" Sam blurted looking at Steve.

" doing what?" Ted asked

" back at college, Scarlett would always flirt with other guys. I figured she'd be passed that faze already." Sam mumbled and Ted smirked.

" Well, a girl like this comes with her conclusions." Ted gave me a wink.

" the only things that matter are that we are in love and trust each other," Steve said while smiling at me.

I blushed and coughed, then nervously placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, giving Ted a side look that he noticed and smirked at.

As we kept talking, I made eye contact with Ted, touched his hands, and laughed at every joke he made. I tried to look nervous when Steve would look at me, giving Ted every clue he needed to think I was worried he'd give away my secret and also the idea that I was into him.

Two rounds of drinks later, Steve turned to face me.

" you sure you won't be joining us tomorrow, honey?"

" yeah, not really in the mood for a getaway, sorry," I said giving him an innocent smile.

" get away?" Ted asked.

" yeah, we had planned a getaway with the guys, but Scarlett isn't feeling the mood. I'm thinking of staying back too." He explained to him.

"Chris, no. You need this, you've been really tired lately." I insisted while keeping an eye on Ted. His eyebrows raised and his lips formed a wicked smile.

As everyone kept talking, I slowly placed my head on Steve's shoulder. It was an innocent move that a lot of men aren't immune to, but also I'm nervous about the plan, given the fact that whenever Steve isn't paying attention, Ted eyes me hungrily. If this is the look he gives me while Steve is sitting right next to me, what will he do in his absence?

Steve, seeing it was the perfect moment to get me away from him and that I had already left the hint I wanted, put his hand on my neck, caressing my skin.

" guys, Scarlett is tired, I'm gonna take her home." He told them and excused us. Ted said he had friends at the bar whom he wanted to catch up with and left.

We walked out of the bar and walked to the house in silence. As we walked through the door, I walked to the kitchen and poured myself some scotch, and drank it in one motion.

Steve was leaning against the kitchen island, staring at me.

" we'll be in after five minutes. After you, I mean."

" no, it should be longer," I said, not looking at him.

" What? Why?" He groaned at me.

" Steve, one of his moves, routines... or whatever it is, is to present a bracelet to the women he hunts. I need enough time for him to get me that, and maybe I can see his safe or something." I replied, still not looking at him, staring at the bottle of scotch. I reached to pour another glass when his hand stopped me, taking the bottle away.