28

Steve grunted into Natasha's neck as the sound of her ringtone filled the room, earning a chuckle from the redhead. "Who is it?" He growled as Natasha reached a hand to the nightstand and grabbed her phone then sat up straight as her eyes fell on the screen. She frowned and connected the call "Fury". 

Steve silently sat up and kept his eyes on her, studying her expression. 

"You said I can't go on missions for now so I get a few days off. Now what's this about?"

 Steve watched her eyebrows near.

 "Can't it wait until tomorrow?" Her tone was stern but her voice was still respectfully low. "I really don't want to come to the headquarters right now. Just give the case to someone else.". 

Steve mouthed a  "It's ok." but Natasha shook her head, mouthing NO as she listened to Fury. 

"What if I come first thing in the morning?" She asked with a hint of temptation "and I'll do the whole interrogation in one day!" She bit her lip and Steve could feel she had got under Fury's skin. 

"Deal" she smirked and ended the call. 

Steve scooched closer to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

"He wants me to do a interrogation or something like that. He wasn't really clear." She tilted her head to meet his gaze "It's weird, he said I'm the only one who can do it." Steve nodded "You do have your way when it comes to interrogating" he chuckled as he earned himself a smack on the arm "What is that supposed to mean?" She demanded playfully. He shook his head "All I know is that if I were being interrogated by you, I'd give up everything the minute you send me one of your dagger holding glares!" He gave her a boyish grin. 

Natasha teasingly batted her eyelashes at him while moving to straddle him "Are you sure that's the only way?" Steve gulped while his eyes traveled between her lips and eyes. Natasha smirked at him, her hands curling around his neck and lips brushing his earlobe "What's wrong, Captain? Feeling a little uncomfortable, are we?" She purred into his ear. Steve licked his parted lips but shook his head "No, no. I'm fine." He tried best to keep his tone steady; but failed to keep his gaze steady and let them fall to her parted ruby lips. 

Natasha laughed as she pulled back and stood up "I'll take a shower in my room, then go meet the guys. Tony needs to finish the mission reports with you and I'm pretty sure he won't come up here as long as I'm here." She walked away and stood at the door to look back over her shoulder "And you, too, need a shower, soldier." Steve blushed and watched her walk out his bedroom with a smug smirk.

He got up and walked to the bathroom, taking off his clothes at the door and dropping them in the basket of dirty clothes. He made a mental note to wash his clothes and stepped in the shower, turning the nub and letting the warm water run over his body. His stitches had healed within two weeks, so he was allowed to take a shower or bath but hadn't had the time since he'd gotten back from the hospital, so he was going to take his time with no rush what so ever. So when he finally stepped out the bathroom and walked to his closet to change to a clean and fresh pair of underwear, sweatpants and shirt, Natasha was already back in the main living room, sitting next to Wanda with a bag of chips in her hands, giving Tony the massage that the cost was clear for him to go to Steve's apartment. So when Steve walked out his apartment, he was met with Tony who was walking out the elevator.

"Hey there, capsicle." He smirked at him with raised brows "I see you're finally free to do some actual work!" Steve's ears turned red as he remembered their morning encounter. A warning holding "Tony" was all he could mumble while walking to the elevator as Tony was holding the door for him.

 "So, Hill's been kinda threatening me if we don't finish the report tonight, she's going to use the both of us as live targets in her next training session." Steve laughed "Really? I had no idea she was like this" Tony shook his head "Oh, she's just as crazy as your wild thing!" Steve gave him a confused look. "You know, your wild thing!" Tony crinkled his nose as the doors swayed open "Red".