31

Any thoughts on The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?

I'm basically in love with SamBucky💛

••✦❤️🕷❤️✦••

"So you're telling me Natasha's husband from her arranged marriage with KGB is still alive?"

Steve huffed as he kept on pacing around his couch where Maria was sitting. "And not only he's been injected with some weaker version of my serum but he's looking for Natasha?" He growled as he's hand ran through his blonde locks.

Maria nodded "I'm not sure but Fury has been looking into it and I think he may have found something." Steve kept on pacing "And if it's correct, if he really is alive, what would he want from Nat?" He was standing in front of Maria, one hand covering his chin with the other on his hip. His brows were in a deep frown and even Maria could feel his throat going dry and she felt like she could hear his mind screaming his fear.

"Nothing will happen. As long as she's here and we can figure out what they want, there won't be any harm." She tried to assure him.

"You mean nothing further than aliens, mischievous gods, weird angry robots, teammates wrecking each other and of course, being almost raped while drugged?" Steve spat out the words as if they were poisoned with bitter venom. With a snap of his head, Steve looked up at Maria "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be losing my control." He mumbled apologetically and walked to the couch, taking a seat by her side as she nodded "I understand. But we do need to dig in the files."

"Yeah yeah. Let's get started. Nat said she'd be back for a late lunch, so we gotta be fast." He picked up a file but before he could open it, there was a firm knock on the door and immediately received a come in from Steve. Sam appeared in the door frame "Hey." Both Steve and Maria nodded in answer as he stepped in an took a few steps towards them, "Maria, I was wondering if we could talk?" He spoke softly but all three of them knew he needed to have a serious discussion about why Maria had been avoiding him and Steve was starting to get a new perspective over the agent and how she feared losing.

Losing loved ones.

She had been keeping her circle of friends small and to a minimum, fear of having to let go at some point was evident and the struggle she had to go on while trying to keep them safe wether they knew it or not, such as Natasha's case was tiresome and he could feel how she wanted to have a shoulder not to cry on but to snuggle into while the fears grew bigger and she felt like sinking to a little girl's size; but the fear of maybe losing that shoulder was preventing her to give herself into a relationship with Sam.

Maria pressed her lips to a thin line "I'm sorry, but I've gotta help Cap." And for once, her voice was really sincere, causing Sam to worry more and take a few more steps towards them "Maybe I can help?" He offered, wanting to be close to her as much as possible. Maria wanted to answer but Steve took the opportunity from her "No Sam, that's not the best idea right now."

Both Sam and Maria gave him a questioning look. "I think you should take Maria somewhere quite today. Just take the day off, would ya?" He was looking directly at Maria "I'll go through this stuff and we can talk about it tonight" Maria parted her lips to protest but Steve, once again, beat her to it "If there's anything urgent, I'll just call you right away, ok?"

Maria seemed doubtful so Sam jumped in "We'll come back if anything comes up! Or we can even hangout at a close distance. But clearing your mind wouldn't be the worst thing right now, would it?" And just like that, he'd let go of himself, again. Wanting to help her through whatever it was that had been eating her up for a while, he'd ignore the urging feeling of asking her why'd she been cold or distant. He wanted her to have a little time to just enjoy herself and she was glad to have him there. Even if it was scary, even if she was an agent of shield or a spy or whatsoever, she was happy to act and live normal for an entire evening. And Steve was there. He wasn't going to put that damned file down for a single second, Maria was sure of that. So she got up, waved the Captain goodbye and walked out the room with Sam following her.