two

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

While Xander talked to the cops, the three of us went into the kitchen and grabbed chocolate puddings. It had been an eventful night to say the least.

"We'll leave you to pack your things, meet us outside in ten." The officer said with a small smile as she walked into the kitchen.

The three of us nodded and then met Xander in our room who had already pulled our bags out from under the bed. He then went to open the safe and pulled out the briefcase that had the money we saved up in.

Because the rest of us were apparently 'unreliable' with important stuff, he put in his suitcase after counting how much there was.

"You didn't get me one?" Xander asked, gesturing to the pots in our hand. Just as Remi shook his head, he took the pudding from him and smiled sweetly.

Remington just glared and huffed like his toddler self, pursing his lips. I chuckled at his reaction until he stole my chocolate. I mirrored his reaction unknowingly and got an amused smile from Nix.

"Stop being babies and let's go." Xander said, grabbing all four of our suitcases and slinging his duffel bag over his shoulder despite our protests. We tried to grab at least one each but he just walked faster.

I'm sure he's only doing this to annoy us. They must weigh a good amount.

Once we were outside, the officers loaded the luggage into the trunk of the police car and we sat down in the back. Nix went on his phone and Xander just looked out of the window while me and Remi went to sleep.

"Love you guys."

I knew it was probably my mind playing tricks on me but a small smile pulled at my lips as I dozed off.

FRAGMENTS

"Now you see, that's not a good enough answer. What did he do with our shipments and why are over twenty of my men dead." The man asked again, towering over me.

I stared at the floor, not uttering a word. I couldn't break. I wouldn't, break. No matter what I had to go through.

"Alright then." The man drove the knife into my leg again and again, trying to get me to speak.

I squeezed my eyes shut and dug my nails into the wooden chair, holding my breath. I just had to wait it out. Until I had a chance to escape.

I heard glass shatter in the back of the warehouse and gunshots echo before I was staring down the barrel of the man's gun.

A few more seconds passed before it went off.

"Cart, wake up."

I shot up from my sleep, bashing my head with Remi's and groaning. Somehow Nix ended up falling out of the car but I didn't question it and sighed before slumping down in my seat.