twenty five

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

I opened my eyes, not sure if I was just dizzy or someone was spinning around on my desk chair. I finally adjusted and saw the blurry figure eating gummies while mindlessly spinning.

"Felix?" I asked, propping myself up on my forearm.

He stopped spinning, smiling when he noticed I was awake and stood up. I was ready to facepalm as he obviously forgot turning in circles makes you dizzy and went off to the side a bit.

He caught himself on the wall and moved his finger in front of his eyes before determining he was fine and throwing me a breakfast pack.

I rose a brow and he shrugged, "You gave me gummies so I got you breakfast."

A small smile involuntarily broke out on my face at the small gesture and I unwrapped the breakfast sandwich, sitting up and taking a bite.

"Thanks." I looked up at him.

He nodded, pulling out a piece of paper from his back pocket. And so it begins again. I took it from him, finishing my breakfast before unfolding it.

To be fair I only found out there was a bomb when it actually went off, so I guess it's a good thing you didn't die. Wouldn't be much of a problem if you did, but you're alive so it's fine.

Providing you found Vincent and Rhys they must have told you that Blaze wasn't the one behind everything that happened. It must be hard, living with the person that betrays their own family and not knowing who it is.

All I can tell you is that your parents have nothing to do with anything that has happened, but your dad does have a secret. One that I don't think any of you will be pleased about.

Back to talking about the third base though.

Ontario National Museum, Toronto. Wednesday, because they move the base every day.

You'll have an hour to get in and out after midnight, before the person we're all looking for is alerted. At that point it'll be too late and you'll either end up dead or living the same life as who you're going to find.

Sincerely, Jaden :)

If I see that smiley face one more god damn time-

"Carter-" The door opened after a brief knock and my mom entered, looking confused as she glanced between Felix and the letter in my hands.

She eventually shut the door, narrowing her eyes at Felix who just waved at her with a smile. I shook my head in amusement and looked at her as she sat down at the edge of the bed.

"I won't ask who that is, but, if you have the next letter can I read it?" Mom asked. I was about to hand it over to her but the words wrote down on the page made me rethink.