nine

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

"So, Phoenix is the son of the guy who left my mom after she was kidnapped, came back one year later for a second chance, didn't get it, turned into an actual psycho and ruined her second relationship before paying off her best friend to help him and then killed her brother and his own brother before my dad finally killed him?"

The twins nodded and I blew my cheeks out, thinking. I wasn't one to judge someone based on other people's opinions about them and definitely not because their dead dad was a psycho.

If Blaze was ressurected though I wouldn't mind shooting him.

Remi played with the daisy chain around his wrist and I looked at mine. Maybe he could make money they're pretty well made. Actually no he'd make them and then keep them for himself or put them on Xander to annoy him. Why are we talking about daisy chains again?

"Well, it's time to get to class. Carter I know he probably seems nice, but he's not." Cash told me, standing up and Cali nodded in agreement with him, offering me a small smile before heading inside.

"I've got...ugh, maths. Actually I don't have anything now, I'm going to get some food." Remi checked his schedule with a grimace.

I rolled my eyes in amusement, "Skipping school on the first day, and here I thought you were the good brother." Remi just stuck his tongue out at me and I checked my schedule to see I had maths as well.

Just as he was about to leave through the gates I caught up to him and pulled my phone out.

"There's a cafe like five minutes away, should we go there?" I asked and Remi nodded. We followed the directions and were there within no time.

Just as we were about to walk through the door Remi tapped my shoulder repeatedly and pointed inside. I looked and immediately saw my parents grabbing some food before starting to walk towards us. They hadn't noticed us yet and my eyes widened.

Shit.

Remi pulled me down just as they walked out of the doors and I prayed they didn't see the two teenagers trying to hide on an open sidewalk after skipping maths.

The one thing they were very clear about was not skipping school.

"Vic, Rael, I thought I should let you know someone's trying to steal your car."

I opened my eyes to see another person out of the pictures talking to my parents who's backs were toward us. He looked alot like Cash and Cali.

"When did you get here Onyx? Oh shit yeah, thanks- wait, is that Maddox? Onyx I swear to god." My dad began but the person who was obviously Maddox waved to them before driving their car away.

I looked at Remi who was barely containing his laughter and covered my mouth to stop from laughing as well. Please this family is the best.

My mom hit Onyx with her handbag before chasing Maddox with Asrael.

We stood up once they were gone and Onyx smiled brightly at us, "Now, you little idiots owe me."

FRAGMENTS

We finally got back to school after buying Onyx a happy meal and taking him for ice cream to catch up. It was lunch so everyone was outside or in the cafeteria so we slipped back in without being noticed.

I noticed Nix sat back against a tree while typing away on his laptop with a sandwich next to him but Xander was nowhere to be seen. I plopped down next to him while Remi went to get some food and looked at the assignment he was writing.

"Seriously, already?" I asked, using his shoulder as a headrest.

He just made a sound of agreement before continuing the ten thousand words essay thing that made no sense to me.

"Where's Xander?" I questioned, looking around for him.

"He left ten minutes into the first class." Nix responded, saving his work and closing the laptop before putting it back into bag number one.

"What? Where did he go?" Remi asked as he came back with food, sitting down in front of us. He passed me a chocolate pudding and I took it with a grateful smile, waiting for Nixon inform us of Xanders dissapearing act.

"I don't know, just said he had something to do. He definitely wasn't happy about it though, Xanders always mad but this time he looked like he could rip someone's head off for just looking at him." Nix explained, taking a drink from his bottle of water.

That's definitely not good.

My phone suddenly buzzed and I picked it up, checking the notification. This is most definitely not good. My eyes scanned over the words and Nix took the phone out of my hand.

"Well this is wonderful, three days here and we're already wanted." Nix rolled his eyes sarcastically and Remi took the phone.

"Huh, how much?" I asked and Remi showed me. 5 Billion each.

"Cheap skates." Remi said, scoffing. I just chuckled and then someone sat down next to me.

Xander took one of the bottles of water and drank it in a few seconds, looking pissed off while doing it.

Remi stretched and led down on the grass, looking at Xander curiously, "So, how many people do we have to kill?"

Luckily almost everyone was in the cafeteria so they couldn't report us for threatening to kill people if they overheard us.

Xander shook his head, "No one. It seems everyone who was willing to take the job has already been killed. Although I think it was more in favor of you, than us Cart." He explained and I furrowed my brows in question.

"What do you-" I was cut short when my phone buzzed again and it was the family group chat Alexander had made.

Asshat Alex - He's in New York. If anyone sees him you ring me or if you have a clear shot, don't miss.

My blood boiled at the message but shock over powered the anger and my skin paled.

If you have a clear shot. I already knew Xander would be going out of his way to get that shot and if he could, he would not miss.

I looked up from my phone and placed it back in my pocket silently before staring into the distance.

My eyes stopped at the gates where the familiar 6'6 figure stood, a casual smirk pulling at his lips while he leant against the wall. I blinked a few times and sure enough, he was still there.

I tore my eyes away after a few moments, looking at Xander who was too busy making a plan to kill him to even notice he was practically in front of us.

My eyes involuntarily moved to find him again but by that time, he was gone.

Oh shit.