twenty nine

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

Cairo shook his head, walking off with a huff while Remi took over the situation. He rested his hands on each side of bunny boy, meeting his eyes. The boy hadn't said anything for half an hour.

"Listen, you're going to tell us something that's useful. Otherwise, I'm going to bitch slap you. If that doesn't work, I'm going to drown you under the waterfall, bury you with your mask on and write a sign to put on your grave that says, Here lies bunny boy, he died because he got involved with some crazy cult, and no one, will look for you because your death will be declared accidental, almost like your mental state caused it. So there will be nothing that anyone can do. Understood? If that's not enough-"

Holy shit, I didn't know Remi could get that dark.

All of us looked between each other before the boy finally broke, pushing my brother away and saying he would talk if we could get him away after. Cairo agreed and I knew he would follow up his deal.

"We were supposed to kill you. Not all of you, just those four." He told us, pointing between me, Phoenix, Jaden and Felix. The others turned to us but didn't question further, waiting for the boy to continue.

"But that was just for some money, from the person you guys are looking for. I don't know who they are. You have more to worry about though, this time all of you. Apart from you two, I don't even know who you are, " He looked at the two girls, "I can't tell you what it's about, I don't know much but there's only two people that can help you. I guarantee at least one of you will know who they are when you see them. I'm not going to say much else because obviously not all of you know or are a part of it. But the person who got those photos, are you sure you got all of them? Maybe you dropped one? Containing the one in the pink blanket." He stopped talking after that, staring at the ground.

This is a level of complicated I can't handle right now.

My mind circled back to the last thing he said, about the photos. The one in the pink blanket? My dad was holding a baby in a blue blanket, Jaden said he wasn't able to keep him. But the woman in the picture looked like she also was holding something- or someone.

It suddenly dawned on me and I sat down on the ground, drawing with a stone out of utter disbelief. For the moment I had given up on life. This drew the attention of the others and Jaden gave me a look.

"The one in the pink blanket." I muttered to Jaden when he crouched down next to me. He seemed confused for a moment before the same look I had in my eyes appeared in his.

I looked up when the boy outstretched a piece of paper towards me. I took it, looking at the address that was scribbled down. Riverside Apartments, the penthouse, Washington.

It seemed to click easier now and I immediately knew what we would find if we went there. Or who we would find. At the same time a wave of desperation washed over me. Everything was so complicated, too complicated. I couldn't trust my family, I had other siblings, I liked three boys which would ultimately end in one of us getting hurt in the end and nothing made sense anymore. There was a whole mystery going on behind the scenes and I still barely knew anything.