thirty

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

My hands shook softly as I glanced around the table and back at my phone. I had ten minutes before I would need to go and Phoenix was waiting outside, someone obviously aready knew that though.

This is your last chance to back out of what you're going to do. Everything can return to normal if you just give this up. You won't be in danger, no one will be in danger. However, if you walk out of that door, you're going to find the answers you want but regret it when everything falls apart.

Everything seemed normal and no one in my family was on their phones, apart from Wyatt who was taking pictures with Hadley. Needless to say it couldn't be him as he right next to me.

I guessed someone had it sent for them. I shook my head in dismissal, placing my hands down firmly on the table and standing up. I had given up the chance to back out when I went to find Liya.

"I'm going to head out, Phoenix wants to study for our project at the library, there's some information there to help us with it." My eyes scanned everyone's expressions carefully but they betrayed nothing.

"Alright, be safe sweetheart, love you." I smiled at my mom, nodding and hugging her before walking out of the room.

When I made it outside Phoenix had the same look in his eyes as me. We just needed to get this done and then hopefully kick a lying fuck out of the family and move on.

I slid into the car next to him and he started driving without a word, taking a deep breath every once in a while. I was pulled from my thoughts when my phone began ringing and Wolf's name popped up.

Well, here goes nothing.

I picked up, pressing the phone to my ear, "Hey, what's up."

Dry as fuck.

There was silence from him until, "Hey, sorry for not being around in a few weeks," He paused, sighing, like whatever he was going to tell me next would be hard, "But I was thinking and I just- I don't know how to...do this."

Phoenix's eyes met mine as he whipped his head to the side in shock. My lips parted as I took in what he had said. We're not doing anything though.

"What do you mean? We're not exactly doing anything." I trailed off, unsure.

"I-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as there was another voice in the background, "Babe, where are you?"

My eyes widened and I could've sworn I felt Phoenix almost swerve off the road. Babe? What am I on about I don't know what's going on yet-

"I'm really sorry Carter, I loved you so much, honestly. I'll never be able to make up for what my father did to your family and this obviously isn't a step in the right direction, but whatever that was going on between us is over now. Charlotte is just better than-" And what the fuck is this.