seven

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

I looked at my mother unsurely, not knowing what to answer her. After thinking about it for a while I nodded and sat up against the headboard while she sat across from me.

"Before I do though I should probably know your name considering your my mother." I said as politely as possible. The only reason I wasn't going to the gym or an underground fight to cool off was because I couldn't anymore.

"Victoria." She sent me another smile and I reciprocated it, the happiness from her being contagious.

The annoyance and frustration was quick to return though and I sighed.

"Carter." Victoria placed her hand on my mine reassuringly. "I know that I wasn't there when you were growing up and I won't be able to make up for the time that was lost, but you and your brothers are my world. Asrael and I did everything we could to find you but Jonathan, he was always on the winning side. I promise, we will always be here for you. No matter what." She finished.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after hearing what she had to say. I had sixteen years to learn everything about people, I was forced to fight, listen and watch. So I could see the promise in her eyes and hear the emotion in her voice.

I wasn't going to trust her that easily though, as people always had a tendency to leave. But I decided to give talking to her about my problems a chance.

"Well firstly, I just wish Xander would chill. I get why he's like that and I don't blame him, I understand and I love him. But I just wish he'd hear my side of things and understand that I'm alright, that I'll be ok. He doesn't need to hold a grudge and let that affect how we get along." Victoria listened intently to what I had to say, offering sad smiles and nods of understanding here and there.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is he so worried about you?" Uncertainty became prominent in her eyes and I weighed my options.

You should probably tell your own mother that there's a bullet getting closer to your heart practically every second and if it isn't took out then you'll die.

Good idea.

Break the news really quickly as well.

I hummed, "There's a bullet getting closer to my heart practically every time I move and if it isn't took out by the time it reaches my heart, I'll die."

Perfect way to break the news.

Wait, is she crying? She is, we need Remi.

Tears built up in Victoria's eyes but she blinked them away rapidly, taking a few deep breaths. Something tugged at my heart, not the bullet thankfully, and I reached over to give her a hug.

She hugged me back quickly and we stayed like that for a while before I pulled away. Victoria wiped her eyes and sighed, looking at me.

"Why did the doctors leave it in anyway?" She asked, sniffing.