thirty two

Jaden Alvaro

Jaden Alvaro

I watched as the doctors took Carter away, running with her through to the operating room. I followed after them, stopping when the doors closed in front of me and ramming my foot into the wall before sighing.

Carter's brothers looked at me with anger glistening in their eyes, other than Nixon who was being treated by the doctors for his burns.

The rest of her family decided to show up and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"This all started when you showed up, what the fuck has been going on for the last month?" Cairo growled out.

What does he think he is? A dog.

I leaned back against the wall while everyone waited for an answer, "Actually it started when one you idiots decided to lie about everything." At my words everyone seemed taken back.

I rolled my eyes but then smiled, "Well come on. This is what Carter was trying to find out so we're all going to go get some answers right now." I nodded, walking away.

They followed me as I lead them outside, knowing Callan would be waiting. I had spent years trying to find out the truth. I hated all of them even if most of them weren't at fault, until now. But that was a problem I would have to deal with later.

I turned the corner, coming face to face with Callan whose eyes immediately landed on someone behind me, his lips pulling into a scowl.

Needless to say everyone was shocked and I saw Wyatt holding onto Hadley so he wouldn't faint.

"So, either someone explains why they did what they did. Or, Callan tells us everything. Don't think he won't, he's only had seventeen years locked up to think about it." I clasped my hands together, watching as everyone was still.

I nodded at Callan and he took a deep breath, opening his mouth to speak but there was movement before he could get a word out.

Reuben aimed his gun at Callan and my lips parted in shock. Genuinely thought it was Alexander. Before he could pull the trigger Damon shook his head with an annoyed huff and drove his fist into his jaw.

"Can't believe I have to do this shit. Again." He chuckled, looking mildly amused as Reuben dropped to the ground, holding his jaw that was even more slanted than usual.

The others took a step back and I shrugged, "Guess we have the answer for who it is."

Callan took that as an initiative and began speaking while Damon held Reuben down, moving his jaw harshly for the fun of it.

"It wasn't me at the gala that night. I don't know how you didn't know actually, my eye brows weren't as fake as his. Anyway I had been in some sort of base for weeks at that point while he learned everything about what you were going to do to catch Blaze. But Blaze wasn't the one giving orders, it was Reuben. Whatever 'I' said, was what Reuben felt. That was the reason he's been doing this for all these years. Vic, you never met our father because Reuben was the one who put him in rehab. He never had a drug problem, Reuben just made it seem like that. He was also the reason behind Mom's death. All those times you were kidnapped or something went wrong for us, it was him. Blaze genuinely did love you and he planned on staying away that time he left to keep you safe but Reuben threatened Phoenix's life." Callan paused to gauge everyone's reactions and Victoria kicked Reuben's leg harshly before Asrael pulled her back.