21

I can say with complete and certain honesty, you aren't ready for this...
just a heads up, nothing has been edited yet lol
But as alwayssss,
Thank you
xoxo

Christian

My head whipped around in Brad's direction

My head whipped around in Brad's direction. I hadn't meant any disrespect by this... but who the fuck was Brad calling dad?

"I'm so happy you came to see me." Vadik replied. His voice held a thick accent, much like the one my mother had when she was in the comfort of her own home. Whenever we were around company, she did an excellent job concealing it. I never understood why, but she explained that an American accent helped with business. At the time, I just took her word for it. Being much older, I understood now.

I continued to analyze Vadik from head to toe. He was tall. That was probably where Brad had gotten his height. Vadik had this relaxed expression on his face, one that irritated the fuck out of me. It was as if he expected us. Everything about this was making me sick.

"Don't be." Brad replied. My gaze turned to him. I felt that coldness to my core, when Brad said those words. It cut straight through the air. Vadik flinched from the sudden hostility. "I'm here to get some answers. That's it."

"I understand." Vadik nodded. "What would you like to know?"

"Why are you here?" I couldn't stop myself from blurting out completely. Brad glanced my way at my sudden words.

Vadik also turned to look at me. "I'm sorry, but I'll only answer Brad's questions. I won't answer yours."

Alright.

Okay.

Murder it is.

I was about to leap forward and get his thin neck fitted perfectly between my fingers, but Brad placed his hand on my arm before I could. "Don't." He whispered to me. I could feel the nails from my fingers digging into my knee as I resisted the sudden primal urges to kill this man. Brad gave my arm a light squeeze before letting me go, then he turned back to Vadik. "Why are you here, then?" He asked.

Vadik's lips twitched up into a small smile. "I wanted to see you."

I leant back in my chair, watching Brad as he processed this information. Surprisingly, Brad hadn't flinched. He looked calm and scarily collected. I was probably the one looking crazy. I knew for sure my face had gotten red from the sheer amount of anger I had for this monster in front of us. I could feel the vein against the side of my temple pulsating.

"Why? Why now?" Brad asked.

Vadik took a moment before he replied. His expression hadn't changed, but it was more like someone pressed pause on him. He was just staring at Brad with that small smile. I felt far past the bounds of discomfort. I was officially abhorrent.