16

This chapter is dedicated to @ashton-lake. Happy Birthday, lovely. You bday wish was my command.
Also Happy Valentines Day everyone! I was going to sneak in a double update, but I actually made some plans last minute for a girls night so I'm off to get ready for that.
I hope you all get your backs thrown out by your significant other tonight. If you're single, here is a virtual rose from yours truly. Be My Valentine? 🌹

Christian

"What are you doing here?" I asked Bridge, but before I could let her answer, I turned to Nathaniel

"What are you doing here?" I asked Bridge, but before I could let her answer, I turned to Nathaniel. "What is she doing here?"

Nathaniel looked as bewildered and annoyed as I did, which lead me to believe he hadn't the slightest idea either.

"She just walked in not even fifteen minutes ago." Nathaniel explained.

I glanced back over at the entrance to my home. This chick just walked? To my home? Like she owned the place? Like she made those mortgage payments?

"I thought you said you'd handle getting those locks changed?" Nathaniel countered. That was when I internally groaned.

He was right.

I had meant to do that as soon as she left that night. Probably even sooner, to be honest. The commotion over the last month or so had pulled me away from getting it done. Obviously, Bridge had still held onto her copy of my house key.

Why had I even made that for her in the first place?

"Listen, Christian, we need to talk." Bridget spoke, interrupted my thoughts.

"No, we really don't. There is literally less than nothing for you and I to discuss. I'm going to need you to get out of my house now." I replied.

"Hold on here, just hear me out. I wanted to talk about trying this again. Us again. I can see where I went wrong, and I want to fix that." She argued, shrugging her shoulder. That allowed for one of her spaghetti straps connected to her sundress, to fall off her shoulders. It revealed even more of her already very revealing cleavage. When my eyes glanced down to her chest, her lips curled up into a smile.

It made me want to hurl. She made me want to hurl.

"What? Did your account balance go negative again?" Nathaniel butt in.

I was too late to stop the chuckle that fell past my lips. Bridget's face flashed with anger, but she quickly pedaled back and tried to compose herself.

"No. I've just had time to reflect and I really think we were good for each other." She replied. "Like Bonnie and Clyde."

Nathaniel scoffed.

I looked at her like she must have lost the last few brain cells she had. "We were in no way, shape, or form good for each other. Literally all you did was spend my money, and give me migraines. We were together because I thought that was what my mother wanted. Now I've realized that this was never what I wanted... So with that being said, I'd like you to leave."