31

Alex

I didn't necessarily remember drifting off to sleep

I didn't necessarily remember drifting off to sleep. One minute, I was admiring the soft cotton sheets and how exquisite they felt against my skin...

The next, I was waking up to a darkly candle lit room, with a sweet melody playing.

Was this a dream? I thought to myself.

Was I finally getting my fantasy with Channing Tatum?

I rubbed my eyes, attempting to clear the grogginess from them as I focused in on everything around me.

Propped up on the mattress next to my pillow, was a little folded cardstock piece of paper. On the front, the words Read Me were scribbled in what I recognized instantly as Christian's handwriting. My still very sleepy self reached over to take a look at what the note said.

Hi Handsome,

Hopefully you rested well. As you can see, the room looks slightly different. I would like you to join me for dinner tonight. Help yourself to the luxury soaps and scrubs I specially requested for our room. They're located in the bathroom. When you're done, I've hand picked an outfit for you. It's packaged in the wrapped box at the edge of the bed. Once you're all ready to go, one of the hotel associates will bring you to your final destination.

Hope to see you soon,

Christian

I stared at the note, blinking repeatedly to make sure I had in fact read that correctly, and my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Sure enough, when I looked down towards the edge of the bed, there was a brown packaged box waiting for me. The tag attached to it said the words Wear Me. I glanced over yonder to the open concept bathroom, and there was a large basket on the counter with bottles stacked neatly inside. I slowly pulled myself together, as I mustered enough strength to make it to the bathroom.

Sure enough, there was also little tag attached to the basket that said Use Me. I pulled out a blue bottle that quickly caught my eye. The scent was called Oceanic Mist, and I thought that was only fitting with where we were. I set that in the shower, and started to undress.

The outfit Christian picked out was a crisp button down white linen shirt, and black dress shorts. The shorts offered a snug yet comfortable fit that felt oddly breathable for its material. As soon as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I almost tripped over my own feet.

"Well goddamn." I spoke to my reflection in the slightly fogged up bathroom mirror. "Aren't you one hot smoking son of a gun." I did that thing you saw in movies where the main actor would throw up some finger gun signs at themselves in the mirror. As soon as I did though, I realized just how truly cringe that was, and made a vow with myself to never do it again.

One last quick glance in the mirror was all I spared myself before I slid the key card into my shorts pocket, and left the gorgeous room.

Christian never specified on who exactly I was supposed to ask about where to go, but it didn't seem like he even needed to. Once I took that first step out of the room, there was a man already waiting patiently for me right by our door. "Good evening, Mr. Hamilton. I hope Mr. Ivanov's gifts have found you well. I've been instructed to bring you to your destination tonight. If you would follow me." The man offered a large smile, as he began to lead the way.