04

Christian

Derek insisted we watch a movie to pass the time

Fast forward to about an hour into Ratatouille, everyone had fallen asleep besides Brad and I. I turned to look at him, with Alex snuggled close into my chest, and Joan snuggled close into his.

"They all knocked out like ten minutes into this film." I commented. Brad chuckled, as his hand gently massaged Joan's neck and shoulders. She curled up deeper into his side, still fast asleep.

"They should have just laid down in the guest rooms. This furniture isn't the most comfortable." He replied. The only person who looked to be struggling, was Derek. He shifted every few minutes to find a better position on the couch he was laying on. Alex had told me about his misfortunate luck with woman.

Maybe I should try setting him up with someone, I thought.

Then I remembered all my previous exes, and quickly expelled that thought from my mind.
Plus, Derek was... special. He was really going to have to find someone on this planet to match that weirdness.

Alex seemed more than comfortable against me, and the same went for Joan. Vanessa was still knocked out from her drunken state, which meant she could have probably slept anywhere comfortably, including the floor.

It was now going on one in the morning. We still hadn't heard from our parents, but I assumed they wouldn't be there for too much longer. My mother didn't enjoy staying up late, and my father was due to return to his work soon, so I'm sure he was hoping to find some sleep tonight.

I felt my phone vibrate from somewhere in my pocket. Alex looked to be out cold, but I still did my best not to disturb him as I pulled the device out. When I glanced down at the caller ID, I noticed it was my father.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. Your mother and I are just pulling up now." My father replied.

"Okay. I'll get the door." I answered, before ending the call.

"They're here?" Brad asked. I gave him a nod.

"Looks like it'll be just you and I for this conversation tonight."

Brad was the first to get up. He set a pillow on his lap, and gently lifted Joan until she snuggled into the soft material. He then slowly shimmied off the couch until she got herself repositioned, and fell back into that deep sleep. I ended up doing the same thing for Alex. He was out so cold, he barely stirred.

Brad was waiting for me at the door when I got to the entrance. We watched as our parents made their way out of their car. Brad didn't have any caretakers for his property. He didn't believe in sleeping where you worked, so he preferred to hire maids on a needed basis. Most of the work and cleaning around his home, was done by him.