9.

I was back there. At the place that was all dark, no walls, not able to see anything. This time, it felt more real.

I heard that voice again.

"Give in Rey," it said. The same voice as last time. Booming raspy voice.

No, I thought. I couldn't do this. Not again. I started running.

I didn't even know where I was going, it was all dark I couldn't see anything.

"Give in," it said again.

I couldn't, I had to keep running, I had to get out.  I kept going but started crying. Running and crying. It was hard to keep my breath at pace.

"GIVE IN" it said again. Booming with an echo, I screamed and dropped to my knees.

I put my hands on my head looking down upon my knees crying.

"GIVE IN"

"GIVE IN"

"GIVE IN"

I screamed.

I woke up.

                  ——————————

My eyes opened wide and I jumped out of bed. After I realized it was only the nightmare, I fell onto the floor and cried.

I've never had nightmares like the ones I was getting now. These were more realistic.

I kept crying till I had no breath. That voice. It tells me something different all the time but I know it wants to kill me. I just know it.

I sat up straight against the bed, catching my breath.

Inhale, exhale, inhale, pause, exhale.

I looked around the room, Loki's room. Loki.

I looked over at the wardrobe where I hung up the dress. My dress.

I got up and noticed every detail. It was so elegant and beautiful. And then I remembered.

The dance. It's tomorrow.

In just a day, Loki and I will be dancing the night away.

I climbed back into bed, waiting for Loki to come into the room with breakfast.

I waited for 30 minutes, he didn't come.

I grabbed a book off the desk and started reading. He probably overslept.

An hour passed.

I was halfway through the book, he probably had something important to do with the Allfather.

2 hours, now I was worried.

I got out of bed and paced  the room.  He was never this late. What if something happened to him? Something bad?

Then the door opened.

Eager to see Loki, I looked through the door. Instead finding Thor looking right at me.

"Hello lady Rey" he said walking into the room. I noticed he had a plate in his hands.

"Oh, hello Thor" I said. "Where's Loki?" 

"Well," he said, placing the plate on the desk. "He wished to not see you till the dance tomorrow night" he said.

"What, why does he not want to see me?" I asked, a little upset. Did I do something wrong?

"He just wanted to wait till tomorrow night to be eager enough to see you, and to make the night more special" he said.

"But .. why?" I asked.