Chapter 6: Your a villain, But...

Cole POV

My entire world seemed to crush right in front of me when he turned around.

" Is this what you were expecting?"
He said in a maniacal voice.

" No.. it can't be... it isn't." I cried
I got on my knees and cried out
" This is a nightmare. This is a nightmare. Someone wake me up."

Kai POV
I looked down as cool cried on the floor. I hadn't felt guilt when this women told me she was the only family her daughter had left.

But, this somehow did. I felt as if he needed to be happy. That he was my purpose.

I stood up, blood still showered over me, and walked over to where the earth ninja was trembling on the ground.

I put my arm on his back and he looked up at me with waterfalls of tears streaming down his face.

Suddenly I was pulled forward and into a hug.
My eyes widened. I didn't know how to feel.

This feeling was different than the ones I had recently been having. This one made my heart beat faster and have butterflies flutter in my stomach. It made me feel.. more than happy.

I hesitantly put my arm on his back.

" Were gonna get through this. That necklace ruined you but I'll save you." Cole whispered shakily into my ear.

How did he know about that!? I sat their in aw of the Earth Ninja.

"S-save me?" I said shakily back before my body erupted in pain.

The necklace shocked me like it did earlier, but this time was much longer and much more painful.

Cole stood up as I screamed in agony on the floor. " Kai!? Kai!? What's happening!?" Cole cried.

Even with the pain going through my body, I slowly reached my hand to my pocket and pulled out the necklace. I chucked it across the dirty floor and everything went black.

Cole POV

The necklace landed with a bang and Kai's body slumped before landing on the ground with another loud bang.

"Kai!" I yelled going over to him.
I checked his pulse and breathing . He was thankfully only unconscious.

I sighed in relief and sat up. I quickly thought of a way to get out of this for the time being.

I pressed the talk button on my waki- talki.
"Hello? Does anyone copy?" I ask the machine.
As I waited for a moment, I moved Kai's unconscious head into my arms and played with his hair as I waited.

"Cole? What's going on?" Lloyd's familiar voice rang in the waki- talki.

I jumped after being focused on letting the sleeping boys head and quickly responded to the message.

" It seems The Cannibal in Black ran down town. But while I was chasing him I hurt my leg so im gonna go back to headquarters so I don't get in the way." I quickly said.

" Alright. Drive safe buddy, see you at home." Lloyd said back.
" Good luck you guys." I said before hanging up the walki- talki.

I quickly got out my keys and clicked the button to where the car would come to us.

I sighed and picked up the sleeping boy in my arms. He looked so calm and adorable when he was sleeping.

Wait. No I couldn't like him. He's a literal serial killer. No way.

I discontinued the thought as I heard the car park outside. I picked up Kai and ran to the car to get him hidden as soon as possible.

I put him in the back seat and strapped him into the seat before looking back at the amulet in the warehouse.

"Fuck You."

I said to the necklace before hopping into the car and putting my foot on the gas.

I looked back at Kai , covered in blood, in the backseat.

I sighed. "What am i gonna do with you."

No one:

Me writing the part where Cole puts Kai's head on his lap:  😳 👀