Chapter 9: Love, Blood, or Both?

3rd Person POV
Sweat formed on Cole's  brow as he climbed up to the attic.
" He didn't hurt me last time. He won't do it now, Right?" Cole whispered to himself as he pushed the door above him open.

He popped his head into the attic. It was pitch black so the earth ninja couldn't see a thing.

Cole didn't have anything to cast light with so he tiptoed through the huge attic.

Crack.

A floorboard creeped somewhere to the left of him and Cole jolted to the left.

"Kai?" Cole trembled.

Cole slowly took a step to the left.

The sound only got closer and more frequent.

Cole took a deep breathe and thought of a way to not hurt him but to knock him out.
Suddenly from the right, Cole saw a blade come at him at the corner of his eyes

He quickly dodged and looked back to see Kai.

" It's worse than I thought, he didn't attack me last time but now we're here!?" Cole blurted to himself.

Kai's appearance wasn't his worst though.

He was wearing a grey t- shirt and some sweats. His normally spiked hair was down like Lloyd usually keeps his.

Cole actually thought he looked kinda attractive.

But he wasn't looking so attractive when he swung the knife at Cole once more.

That's when Cole noticed it, right as he was dodging Kai's slices.

His veins were glowing red, along with his usually brown eyes.

While Cole was noticing this, he didn't notice Kai running up to him.

Kai stabbed Cole in the shoulder and the earth ninja  screamed and fell to the floor.

Kai got ontop of Cole.

" You know, I don't plan on killing you."
Kai whispered into Coles ear.

The way the fire ninja tried to act soothing in his words put shivers down Cole's spine.

"Why don't you want to kill me?" Cole squeaked out.

" oh if only you understood." Kai soothed.

Kai sat up, still pinning Cole to the ground, and grabbed a knife from his pocket.

" I thought you weren't going to kill me!?" Cole screeched.

" oh dear, I never lie. I won't kill you I just want your blood."
Kai soothed as he firmly held onto the knife in hand.
" w-why is my blood so important?" Cole asked.
Kai looked at the earth ninja as if he was suprised that Cole didn't know the answer.
" Well, don't you know that the blood of the person your in love with tastes better than any taste in the entire world, so I want to savior it."
Kai explained as he inched closer and closer to the Earth ninja.

"Wait.. Kai loves me!?!?" Cole thought to himself.

Cole felt confused from the thought. He looked up and saw Kai ready for his first strike.

Kai slowly made a small cut on Cole's neck. The cut wasn't enough to hurt him, but enough to bleed a bit.

As he cut, Kai's eyes gained more and more lustful.

Kai smiled and leaned down to Cole's cut.
Kai sucked the blood from the area on Cole's neck.
Cole froze and felt as Kai tried to get every drop.
He felt all fuzzy and he was burning. Everything felt strange.

Suddenly, Cole heard a bang sound. He tried his best to look up and saw the rest of the team standing there in horror.

Sensei came out from behind them and grabbed a vile from his pocket.
He did a quick motion for the rest of the ninja to stay back and he threw the vile at the two boys.

The glass shattered on the ground creating a purple mist around the area.

Cole and Kai couldn't see a thing but were suddenly filled with the feeling of exhaustion and both blacked out on the floor.

That's the chapter, I'm so sorry for the wait! But I hope you enjoy and tell me what you want in upcoming chapters!
Have a good week everyone!!
- Author