Chapter 7: I will protect you

Cole POV

The moon shined brightly in the dark lonely sky as I got out of my parked car and headed for my cars backseat.

I opened the door to the backseat to find Kai's sleeping body slumped over in the back seat.

" I still can't believe this is happening."  I sighed as I unbuckled Kai and carried him bridal style into the house and up the stairs.

I put him down on his bed. " I can't just leave him in bloody clothing.  My hands shacked as I reached for his shirt and pulled it off of him.

I was blushing madly, trying not to look at him. I was lucky he didn't get any blood on his pants.

I covered Kai in a blanket and put a wet rag on his forehead.

It took about an hour to throw away Kai's old clothes and get everything into order.

Afterwords I was exhausted, I didn't want to leave Kai alone so I slumped my self on a chair that sat right next to Kai's bed.

I put my hand on his bedside and fell into a slumber.

                                Kai POV
I felt dizzy as my eyes opened.
"What happened?" I asked myself. The  world around me was blurry when I finally set my vision down on my right hand.

My hand was holding another hand? I slowly looked over to see Cole fast asleep in the chair next to my bed.

"Why is he over there." I silently asked myself.
But that was the least of my problems.
The last thing I remember was throwing the necklace. Does this mean Cole knows?! Is he going to turn me in!? And where is the necklace now!?

I froze and stared at the sleeping boy as he stirred in his sleep.

His eyes opened and I flinched.

"Kai? Your Awake." He smiled.
"Of course, but um." I said. I scratched the back of my neck and trying to not look him in the eye.

Cole sighed and put both his hands on mine.
"We're gonna fix this." Cole said pulling me into a hug.

Tears formed in the brims of my eyes. I didn't dare to show it so I just nodded.

"I will protect you." He whispered to me as he gripped onto my back.

A tear fell down my face and I nodded.

"Did you tell the rest of the ninja?" I asked him.

"No, lets keep this between us. They don't need to know." Cole told me.

I knew that was a lie but I nodded along.

"The rest of the team think your sick so I volunteered to take care of you. We'll get this issue under control while there on missions." The earth ninja said.

I nodded again.

"Where are the ninja now?" I asked Cole.

"Out looking for Wu, he has been long too long." Cole responded before getting up to go to my closest.

I only just realized Sensei had been gone for too long. I hope he is okay.

Suddenly I was smacked across the face with a hoodie. I lifted the hoodie off my face.

" Put the hoodie on." Cole instructed.

I looked down to see myself half naked. When the hell did that happen!?

I blushed and quickly put on the red hoodie.

Sorry if that wasn't that good. I was in a rush to finish. Anyways, I wanted to thank everyone who comments such great things. It makes me feel a lot better about my writing and the storyline. So thanks for commenting, voting for, adding it to your library, and even viewing. I couldn't do it without you ❤️.
Have a good day everyone! New chapter coming soon.
- Author