Chapter 12: White Lies and Feelings

~3rd Person POV~

"What do you mean it's not the end?!" Cole gasped.

Nya motioned for Kai and Cole to follow her and the three walked into the living room.

The rest of the team along with Sensei sat on the couch and surrounding chairs. Jay gave Cole and Kai a glass of water

Sensei stood and began to explain.

"Despite Cole's effort, Kai's problem has yet to be officially solved."

Kai's eyebrows furrowed in frustration but also confusion and he raised his hand.

"What is it Kai?" Sensei asked.

"What do you mean Cole's effort?" Kai asked.
As you know, The red ninja did actually remember what had happened but he just wanted to mess with Cole and possibly he wanted to see what reaction he could get out of him. Just a white lie.

Cole, who was in the middle of a sip of his water, immediately took a spit take and stared in disbelief at the red ninja. A blush was even planted on his cheeks.

"Um well, you and Cole should go discuss that in private and we sha'll continue when you return." Sensei coughed.

Kai got up and left the room with Cole following.

The two went into the hallway where everyone's rooms were and sat themselves on opposite walls.

"So what happened?" Kai asked in a fake curiosity.

Cole's face looked red as a tomato

"Well uh you see..." The earth ninja said before just trailing off.

"Cmon dude just tell me." Kai sighed in frustration of getting Cole to crack.

Cole took a deep breathe

" So I was kinda like your main target during your.....thing. So what I had to do to get you to snap out of it was to.." Cole explained before to stopping to take a deep breathe.

"Was to kiss you.." Cole murmured.

Kai chuckled and made his way over to Cole.

"I know I know I was their dummy." Kai laughed as Cole's face went hot in embarrassment.

"You remembered!? Then why did you make me re-tell you." Cole yelled.

Kai suddenly pinned the earth ninja to the wall by pinning Cole's hands above his head.

"I don't know... maybe cause I was wondering if you wanted to do it again?" Kai asked with a smirk.

Cole's face got even hotter with embarrassment before he gulped.

"I.....I don't see why not." Cole stuttered.

Kai leaned forward to where his breathe was on Coles lips and he was about to lean forward when they heard a voice from down the hall.

"Cmon guys! We have to continue the meeting!" Jay's voice echoed down the hallway.

Kai and Cole made eye contact before Kai smiled and got off the earth ninja.

"Let's continue that later ok?" The fire ninja smiled. Cole nodded in return before the two walked back in silence.

Cole couldn't believe he let Kai be so in charge. Well, whenever later would come the fire ninja wouldn't be able to take control so easily.

The two sat back down awkwardly before sensei got back up.

"As I was saying, Cole's action will keep Kai's um 'other part' in check for around another 12 hours but I know what to do to fix this." Sensei re-started the conversation.