Chapter 8: Bloodbathe

3rd Person POV
Cole and Kai spent the next few hours looking for some kind of cure.

They checked the monastery library, the museum, and the public library.

But nothing to help there cause.

"We've checked EVERYWHERE!" Kai yelled as he stuffed his head into a couch pillow.

Cole slumped next to the fire ninja.
"I'm sure we'll find something."

"Hopefully, maybe it's wearing off since it's not on me anymore." Kai suggested, looking up from the pillow.

"Perhaps, I'm gonna find it and get it destroyed to make sure." Cole says as he stands to go.

"Wait!" Kai says as he grabs Cole's wrist.

A slight blush appeared on the Earth ninja's face as he looked from his wrist to Kai's face.

" Sensei made us go get that necklace for a reason. How about you hide it instead?" Kai suggested.

Cole hadn't thought of that but thought it would do good.

" I'll make sure of it. Now.. can u let go of my hand?" Cole blushed.

The fire ninja looked down at there now intertwined hands and blushed before pulling his hand away.

"Sorry! Um. I'll stay here." Kai says changing the topic.

"Ok, the others won't be back until tomorrow their really concerned about Sensei. Stay in your room. I don't want anything , you know, to happen" Cole directed as he walked for the door.

"Fine fine." The fire ninja mumbles as he heads back to his room.

Later in the Warehouse...

Cole's car parked next to the maze of Warehouses.

He walked until he found the warehouse he har been to earlier was.

He remembered turning the dead women into the police station while Kai laid in the backseat.

He shivered off the cold thought as he opened the door.

The red diamond necklace sat in the middle of the room. It no longer sent shivers down his spine. It gave off a different feeling now. Of absolutely nothing.

Cole was confused and slowly walked towards the necklace. He hesitantly brushed his thumb over it and he felt. Nothing.

He took another look at it to realize the gem in the middle was now a dull grey.  Cole realized the horrible truth.
Kai didn't need the necklace to feel anymore.

The Red diamond was in him now. And he had barley enough control left.

Cole's big black eyes widened before he sprinted back to the car and sped towards the monastery.

The car drove faster and faster. He didn't want to believe this crazy thought. He wanted to go back as see his Kai all safe and sound!

5 minutes later....

Cole basically jumped out of his car and sprinted into the house.

Cole ran through each room looking for Kai.
He couldn't find him. When he stopped to take a breathe he heard a noise.
A creaking of the floorboards.

Those could only be coming from one place.

The Attic.

And a weird- ass cliffhanger I just need to mentally prepare myself for writing the next chapter. But I hope all of you have a splendid day!! New Chapter coming soon.( ALSO ANY FANFIC RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE VERY AWESOME CAUSE IM REALLY BORED)
- Author