Birthday on Deck (Part 1)

Percy on Deck

Chapter 7 - Birthday on Deck (Part 1)

Saturday, August 16, 2014

CODY

"So this Monday is Percy's birthday," said Cody.

"Really," asked Bailey, "he hasn't mentioned it once. I would have thought he would be more like you, Cody."

"What do you mean?" asked Zack, "What about broseph?"

"Oh you know Cody was jumping around for like two weeks before about how it was almost his birthday." said Woody.

Cody blushed.

"Yeah poor people," said London, scoffing, "your birthday was so boring no one even remembers it."

"Zack, Percy, and I do." said Cody.

"You mean those fake memories," said Moseby.

The five turned around in surprise.

"Wow Moseby," said London, "you were as quiet as when you do ballet."

"I'm just here to drop of a present from a Poseidon Jackson to Percy." said Moseby.

"Wait a minute," said Cody, "Poseidon Jackson as in the famous marine biologist?"

"I guess." said Moseby, "well anyways, I got to go."

"Wait. Moseby," said London, "can we use the Sky Deck to throw Percy a surprise birthday party."

Everyone stared at London. Is she alright? I can count five times she has cared about someone else in the six years I've known her. thought Cody.

"What!" asked London, "I can be nice to people."

"Plus he helped me with my parents." she said quietly, and only Cody who was closest to her heard her.

"Hey guys," said Percy walking up to the six.

"Hey Percy," chorused five of them.

"Hello Mr. Jackson," said Moseby, "It's good to see, you've behaved since the Miss Tipton Pageant."

Percy rolled his eyes. "I told you, I was an innocent." he said, "Zack dragged me into it. And besides, I got a trophy."

"Yeah for the Mr. Tipton swimsuit competition." said Woody, pouting, "I should have gotten that trophy."

"Hey Moseby," said Percy, "what'cha holding."

Before anyone could reply, London snatched it from Moseby's hands. "My new makeup," said London, before walking away.

"I'll go with her." said Bailey, running after the fleeing heiress

"It's Mr. Moseby," said Moseby, "And I want to talk to you about your recent late night phone calls."

Percy flinched. "What phone calls?" asked Percy.

"There are strict rules, young man about using your cell phone after curfew. First offense is a warning, second offense is phone confestication, and third offense is phone confiscation and detention." said Moseby, "and that is three times in a row. Give me the phone. NOW."

"Sheesh Mr. Moseby," said Cody. "I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation."

"Explanation or not you will give the phone."

"Well actually Mr. Stupid," said Percy to Moseby, "I was calling my Mom, who I haven't talked to since the day of my sixteenth birthday, and then I found out, I have a two month old sister. I think I'm allowed to at least found out a little bit about her." Cody noticed he was gripping a ballpoint pen.